Respected Contributor

Natural deoderants.....Any suggestions?

I just tried Lavanilla and it was the worst so far. I have used Toms and is was fine but just wanted to try something different. I also tried one suggested on here (maybe snieders) and it was okay but kind of a pain to used since it was in a jar. I am not a fanatic but like to use things that are healthy when possible.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Natural deoderants.....Any suggestions?

Just found a good one. Phresh deodorant stick, no aluminum, parabens, glycols. It is clear and glides on smoothly. I have sensitive skin and have not gotten a rash from this one as I have from others. I got the tropical blossom scent but it comes in other scents as well and they also have an un scented one. Available on Amazon where they also have full list of ingredients. It does work well too! I also tried the one in the jar too, saw on Carol Alt's program. Worked well but didn't like applying with fingers.
Trusted Contributor

I like Kiss My Face natural Active Life deodorant, fragrance free. It's a deodorant, not an antiperspirant.
Esteemed Contributor

Natural Deodorant

Ingredients:
1/2 tsp. baking soda
5 drops essential oil of your choice or combination
2 TB. virgin coconut oil
1 tsp. white vinegar
juice from 1/2 lemon

Directions: Add each ingredient to a deep bowl and blend with spoon or spatula. Pack into clean glass jar. To apply scoop up about 1/2 teaspoon and rub under each arm. You can use a little spatula or q-tip to keep from contaminating the deodorant cream since there is no preservative in this homemade version. This recipe should last 2-3 weeks.

Trusted Contributor

I like Crystal brand deodorant which I can buy in my supermarket. It comes in a roll on and I like the pomegranate scent the best. Works well for me.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/18/2014 daisyk said:

I like Crystal brand deodorant which I can buy in my supermarket. It comes in a roll on and I like the pomegranate scent the best. Works well for me.

2nd vote for crystal Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Make your own! I use a recipe of 1/4 cup baking soda, cornstarch & coconut oil, 5 drops of tea tree oil (grapefruit extract optional). This makes enough for 2-3 small jars...which lasts close to 5 months!! So easy & cheap...and a much, much better alternative than anything you can buy.

Here's a link to an excellent YouTube video & a visual of what I use. Try it for a while...you'll be hooked!

Homemade deodorant How-To

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Trusted Contributor

On 8/18/2014 chiclet said:

I just tried Lavanilla and it was the worst so far. I have used Toms and is was fine but just wanted to try something different. I also tried one suggested on here (maybe snieders) and it was okay but kind of a pain to used since it was in a jar. I am not a fanatic but like to use things that are healthy when possible.

Try using baking powder.
Honored Contributor

I've tried many and haven't been totally blown away by any one yet but here are some you can try:

Herban Cowboy

Herbal Magic (I personally like the jasmine one the best)

Alvera Aloe Herbal deodorant (many like the almond one but I don't like almond scented stuff so I prefer the unscented or herbal one)

I plan on trying one of the homemade concoctions at some point.

Trusted Contributor