Esteemed Contributor

Poll: how long does it take u to get ready in the morning for work?

I'm not very fussy, but I still need a minimum of 1 hour every morning. I prefer 2 hours, so that I can sit down and have a cup of coffee. How long does it take you to get out the door in the morning?
Honored Contributor

Re: Poll: how long does it take u to get ready in the morning for work?

I read something in a magazine a while back that it takes women on average 75 minutes to get ready on Monday and 40 minutes on Friday. I thought that was funny. I guess we run out of steam by Friday ;o)

I am with you, I prefer 2 hours and when I am getting ready for a date or an event, I factor in 2 hours.

My personal record is 20 minutes with liquid makeup ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

Depends. If I'm showering in the morning, instead of at night - then I need about 1 hour. If not showering, I need about 45-50 minutes. If I'm flat-ironing my hair in the AM, I need a minimum of 2 hours.

Trusted Contributor

I need 45-60 minutes. That includes shower, shampoo and blow dry, makeup, and breakfast. I probably would look better with more time, but since I need to be at work by 7:00 am, it is the best that I can do since I am not a morning person.

Honored Contributor

I prefer 2 hours so I can relax and enjoy coffee & breakfast instead of rushing around like a madwoman. 90 minutes is OK but not I would rather have a bit more time.

I can get up & out the door incredibly fast when necessary but I'm glad it rarely happens that I need to do that.

Super Contributor

When I did work, I got up at 5 am. I did not start my shift at work until 10:30 am. I liked to exercise, do house work, go on the computer etc before getting cleaned up and out the door.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm afraid if I sat down to eat breakfast and have coffee on a weekday morning I'd never get up and out the door to work.

Super Contributor

Do you, Golden, or anyone else here do as much as possible the night before (like lay out clothes & accessories), so that you can more easily deal with the next morning?

Super Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Snowpuppy said:

I'm afraid if I sat down to eat breakfast and have coffee on a weekday morning I'd never get up and out the door to work. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

LOL, I hear you - it's all about forward motion in the AM for me!

Super Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Feline Fine said:

Do you, Golden, or anyone else here do as much as possible the night before (like lay out clothes & accessories), so that you can more easily deal with the next morning?

I try to do this as often as possible. I've recently switched from AM showers to PM showers for the same reason.