Esteemed Contributor

Scraping the Bottom of the Barrel ... or Tube!

Do you have a product (or products) that you love so much that when the tube seems empty, you cut off the end of the tube with scissors and continue to scrape out as much as you can with your fingertips? Do you cut the tops off of pump bottles just so you can get every last bit of product out?

Right now I've cut the ends off of tubes of Clinique Moisture Surge and Skinn PM Cleanser. I keep both in ziplock baggies so they don't dry out until I can scrape the last drop out.

How about you? What products do you love that much? or not want to waste any little bit out of the bottom?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor

Re: Scraping the Bottom of the Barrel ... or Tube!

Obagi Nu-Derm products (Clear, Blender and Exoderm Forte) and Neocutis Lumiere Riche Eye Balm.

Out of the tons of different skincare lines I've tried, Obagi is the only one that truly transformed my skin.

Esteemed Contributor

I use tubes of Avon hand cream....its amazing how much is still in that tube once I am no longer able to squeeze any more out of it....I do cut the bottoms off ....and wow...still more for a good four or more times....that's the only thing I bother with...

Contributor

I am about to do this with the IT CC cream in the extra large tube....the pump is slowing up and I can tell I have quite a bit of product left.. I do think it is less sanitary but I am not willing to waste so much of a fantastic product!
Trusted Contributor

I cut the off the tops, bottoms, take off the dispensers etc. Nothing goes to waste.

Respected Contributor

Like circles, I do that with hand cream tubes and I keep them in a baggie while finishing them off! Gosh there is so much is still in those tubes, its amazing.

Honored Contributor

just bottles of wen! They are beyond ridiculous trying to get the last quarter product out from the bottom!
Respected Contributor

On 7/27/2014 SeaGal said:

Like circles, I do that with hand cream tubes and I keep them in a baggie while finishing them off! Gosh there is so much is still in those tubes, its amazing.

Same here! Yes, it is just amazing how much is able to be mined out of the cut apart packaging.
Super Contributor

Yes, but growing up I did so out of necessity now I do it out of habit, lol

Super Contributor

I always do it with my Boobi Brown BB Cream. I bought a cosmetic spatula on Amazon years ago for a few dollars. Best thing ever invented I just cut the tubes and scrape it out with the spatula and put it into my little sample jars.