Super Contributor

~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

Hello Lovelies, and Happy Saturday!

After a brief hiatus, I'm back with a new version of the mani you missed seeing last week.

I think I said on txrose's "missing you" thread last week that, after resisting for months, I finally purchased the discontinued and wildly over-priced OPI "Teenage Dream" from the Katy Perry collection. I think it was mainly the name of the polish that deterred me as long as anything; also, I have pink glitter polishes, but each of them is also a bit different -- the color pink, the size and density of the glitter. I must admit, I LOVE this polish! Yes, it's glitter, but it's also subtle.

Last week, when I didn't post a NOTW, I tried three versions of the mani I'm showing you today, and I think I finally got it right, or to my liking, anyway.

I began with Nailtiques Formula 2 as a base coat,

China Glaze "Frosty", 3 coats. (Here is one step where I experimented last week -- I also tried an opaque white as the first coat, and while it did cover the visible nail line, it just didn't allow the dreamy, soft look of the "Frosty" to show and it changed the look of the color too.)

Seche Vite top coat, then I taped off the diagonals for the glitter polish. Again, I tried several different design arrangements last week, and this one pleased me most. It has a nice "flow" to it IMHO.

I applied one coat of OPI "Teenage Dream" and finished with another coat of S.V. (Last week I tried two coats of the glitter polish and that also changed the soft look, so I learned something from that experiment as well.)

http://oi60.tinypic.com/nlar9w.jpg

Thank you again to all you kind ladies who follow NOTW and so graciously post -- I sincerely appreciate you!!

Lola
Respected Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

Love it! So feminine and subtle. A nice break from hot colors or in your face styles that are also attractive, but still I like this even more, jmho.

Super Contributor

Welcome back love this so soft. I want to thank you for bring out the inner nail person in me I have played with colors and designs and I owe this to you, my hat is off to you for that. Last week I had fun with lady bugs on a yellow back ground on my ring finger and red with yellow stripes on the on the other fingers. Met with lots smiles & compliments. Thanks again and have a great week end and week.
Honored Contributor

Hi Lola. I missed both you and the weekly thread.

If I were to come to the NOTW Boutique Shop to get my nailes done, this week's mani would be my choice. I love everything about it from the transition of the icy to the warmness of the glitter polish. I like that you mixed your patterns rather than just having one nail with the reverse pattern. I like the color of both polishes and the way you used them - horizontally. I will call this my new fave until...

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

Beautiful!! I'm still struggling with just trying to use my left hand to apply 1 color on my right hand. Very frustrating. Maybe I could get away with doing my left hand ""decorated"" & just have my right hand plain.

Honored Contributor

Nice, as always. I do enjoy your mani's. Wish I had the talent and steady hand to do my own.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

On 7/26/2014 maestra said:

Love it! So feminine and subtle. A nice break from hot colors or in your face styles that are also attractive, but still I like this even more, jmho.

Hello maestra, so glad you like this one. I agree, not all are "favorites" for me either, but I try to mix it up, try different techniques, new designs.

Lola
Super Contributor

On 7/26/2014 txrose said: Welcome back love this so soft. I want to thank you for bring out the inner nail person in me I have played with colors and designs and I owe this to you, my hat is off to you for that. Last week I had fun with lady bugs on a yellow back ground on my ring finger and red with yellow stripes on the on the other fingers. Met with lots smiles & compliments. Thanks again and have a great week end and week.

Hi txrose, thank you again for your missing NOTW thread; that was so sweet. I'm so pleased if I've helped you expand your horizons in nail art -- I think it's a lot of fun and I'm surprised by how long I've stayed with it. But then, I guess it follows my life-long love of nail polish. Your lady bug accent nail sounds very cute with your stripey mani.

I hope you have a great week end yourself!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 7/26/2014 Tique said:

Hi Lola. I missed both you and the weekly thread.

If I were to come to the NOTW Boutique Shop to get my nailes done, this week's mani would be my choice. I love everything about it from the transition of the icy to the warmness of the glitter polish. I like that you mixed your patterns rather than just having one nail with the reverse pattern. I like the color of both polishes and the way you used them - horizontally. I will call this my new fave until...

Thanks, Tique, I missed you too last week. I had told a friend I'd been in "glitter mode" for nearly a month and I thought I was about over it, but that was before this polish -- if I wear the same polish two weeks in a row, I LIKE IT!! I even put it on my toes! Glad you like it too. Really, not a hard one to do -- since you're already doing French with tape, you could try something similar. Stay tuned, I may have another glitter gradient coming up for next NOTW.

Lola
Super Contributor

i love it..