Valued Contributor

Was in TJ's today and they had Argan Magic 100% Pure Argan Oil. It was $9.00. I bought it. I have JM Argan but it costs so much more and frankly, I don't want to keep paying that price for oil I can get a lot less.

Any thoughts on this. JM states her's is pure. This says the same thing. I figured I can use it on my legs, arms and feet without breaking the bank.

Valued Contributor

look for "cold-pressed", just because it is usda certified, 100% organic, 100% natural, etc does NOT mean it has all of the nutrients and benefits of a cold-pressed argan oil. if it is not cold-pressed that means the oil is heated therefore losing many nutrients! plus a lot of companies buy it from suppliers that push out a ton of argan oil that isn't the same as a cold-pressed company. also, buying the 100% pure argan oil from JM creates fair-wage jobs to women in Moroccan co-ops, which also helps preserve argan forests. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

I can certainly understand wanting to pay less for argan oil. When I first saw Josie's sales pitch I was the world's biggest skeptic. I tried two health food store brands and was not enamored with their scent nor their thickness. I finally caved and tried JM and have been hooked ever since. And as Caitlin mention: love the fair trade aspect to her business.

Contributor

Bought the TJ version and the scent was so overwhelming that I could not stand it. I don't think I can remember a smell bothering me so much. I gave the TJ version to someone on my staff with a warning about the smell. Broke down and bought the large JM version and love it. It is expensive but I think it is worth it.

Respected Contributor

I have used every argan oil I can think of...Josie's is the only one I will use now..My skin is just beyond what I could ever have hoped for...I can give up other things to keep my Josie products!!...Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have tried a few others and have been disappointed. I will not sacrifice quality for cost, especially putting it on my face. Josie's is the only one I will use

Deb

Honored Contributor

I love argon oil for my very dry skin but JM's does not have preservatives and I had some turn rancid on me so now I buy from a brand that does have preservatives. I can't afford to have something that expensive going bad and being thrown away.

Super Contributor

I was having a problem with JM's argon oil not penetrating - but just sitting on my skin.

Then I got the Signature Club A TS - Supercharger.

I've been using it with her products, but thought I'd try it this morning with the JM argon oil.

Amazing. Now my skin just feels soft - no oily residue sitting there.

Maybe now I can see what the results of argon oil use are.

Honored Contributor

When it is sitting on top of your skin it is because you are using too much. there is a reason it comes with a dropper - 3 drops is all I use to moisturize my whole face.

Super Contributor
On 7/26/2014 happy housewife said:

When it is sitting on top of your skin it is because you are using too much. there is a reason it comes with a dropper - 3 drops is all I use to moisturize my whole face.

I didn't even use 3 drops. And I used the same amount today as I had in the past.

Thanks for your help tho.