Super Contributor
I've decided I want to try a new cleanser. I'm hoping for some suggestions. I have dry skin. Anti-aging is always a plus lots of perfumes a minus. I don't like purity or bliss youth as we know it. I have a small PTR gel but am eh about it ditto with bliss foaming cleanser. I went to ulta today and they suggested dermadoctor. My skin felt filmy after :-(
Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a new cleanser

Have you ever considered a cleansing oil? Look up Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil on Amazon. It's similar to Tatcha, but a better value. I've been using it since last fall and am really happy with how it cleanses thoroughly yet leaves my skin soft at the same time. It gets all my makeup off, too.

Frequent Contributor

You could try paulas choice, her products are fragrance free. I ordered the skin recovery cleanser and spf moisturizer this week plus some samples. Can't wait to receive them. There's quite a few ladies here who rave about her products.

Super Contributor

I don't like to use wash clothes every time I cleanse, so I started using Ponds makeup remover wipes. I really like them and my aging skin looks good (69).

Super Contributor

On 7/25/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Have you ever considered a cleansing oil? Look up Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil on Amazon. It's similar to Tatcha, but a better value. I've been using it since last fall and am really happy with how it cleanses thoroughly yet leaves my skin soft at the same time. It gets all my makeup off, too.

I have thought about a cleansing oil. I got a clarasconic a few months ago and I LOVE it amd would like to keep using it. I heard that cleansing oils and the clarsconic don't mix?

Honored Contributor

I recently started using (2 weeks) Neutrogena's Pore Refining facial wash. My face has not been this clean it a long time. Does NOT dry skin. I first wet my facial skin, add just a little of this cleanser, rub gently and rinse. Then I either use my moisturizer or oil on my face. No film left on your skin whatsoever. That impressed me.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I just purchased Paula's Choice Moisture Boost Cleanser and Skin Recovery toner. I had been using the cleanser and strayed a little and tried another one. I really missed it. I've tried samples of the toner in the past and it was my favorite of the ones I sampled. Her products are all fragrance free without any added dyes or harmful ingredients. She also includes a nice mix of ingredients to keep your skin healthy. If you're really wanting an anti aging toner, you might want to look at her Resist toner. All of her products are also available in sample sizes and if you call them, they may send you some for free.

Super Contributor

Dove soap. There are many good moisturizers. Noxema was a good cleanser/moisturizer.
Valued Contributor

Serious Skincare has a great Vitamin C (anti-aging, brightening) line, their cleanser gets rave reviews on HSN. You can get really good deals on the kits though (cleanser, serum, moisturizer, spf, etc). worth checking out Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

May I suggest what a derm told my friends daughter to use Aveno face oatmeal bar soap.I started to use it and it's the best. I use it with my face machine! Cheap and gentle and good for dry skin.