Honored Contributor

*Hair Color Warning from Pauley Perrette

View image on TwitPic websiteLOS ANGELES, July 23 (UPI) --NCIS actress Pauley Perrette suffered a severe allergic reaction caused by her hair dye that landed her in the hospital.

"The other half of my face had become twice the size of my head,"

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Super Contributor

Re: *Hair Color Warning from Pauley Perrette

I saw that story yesterday. Scary!

Regular Contributor

Maybe NCIS should now have a storyline where Abby decides to dye her hair blonde. It's not worth the danger any more.

Super Contributor

I am also allergic to black hair dye. It's a sulfur allergy. I cannot take sulfur medications anymore either. I had smaller reactions for several dyes before the big one which left my scalp very inflamed and with oozing sores. Horrible!!
Respected Contributor

IMO, She looks Better Blonde...

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Super Contributor

This information is nothing new. It has been available to the public for many years. I actually met a woman who had this terrible swelling reaction to color at my place of work. She had been in the hospital for over one month! She said her head swelled to the point the skin burst open on her scalp!

Most women who choose to color do not care to listen to this information... much like a smoker does not want to see the commercials on TV showing Cancer victims with holes in there windpipes. Color is just chemicals... toxic and poisonous and the industry is totally unregulated. If you choose to color( I use to until I decided to go grey) you are just taking chances each time you color with an allergic reaction AND you are applying cancer causing chemicals to the skin on your scalp and pores on your scalp. I knew it when I colored... finally I woke up and realized that it was just hiding the fact that I have white hair... why should I hide it?

Oh... and it is just not the dark dyes that cause this reaction... it is any and all hair dyes.

Honored Contributor

It is so scary! I think she looks better with her natural color too. They should have a storyline that she becomes a blonde and stays that way!!

I would love to go to an organic salon. There is one I read about but it is far too long a trip to get there. It is totally organic and some of the colorists and stylists have survived cancer so they opened this salon. Too bad there are not more of these in more cities.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

On 7/24/2014 MarLoCat said:

IMO, She looks Better Blonde...

Yes but Abby is so "goth" that character would never sport blond hair

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

All boxed haircolor comes with an allergy warning. I haven't had any problems, but once I decided to try the brand they sell at Whole Foods thinking it might be safer. Well that gave me a reaction! My head was itching and burning; couldn't wait to wash it out! The color was not very good, either.

Valued Contributor

Perhaps a black hair wig? This way she could keep her ""goth"" look and her hair free of dye.