Contributor

looks like Maureen is stepping back & will no longer present the line on qvc. I was watching the video for A252406 and they were taking about Maureen no longer presenting on qvc. I think replacing her was quicker then when Christina or leslie sold their companies.

about A252406, is this second shipment of the xmas tsv?

Trusted Contributor

Leigh has been presenting for some time now, so I think Shawn was just introducing her for people who weren't already familiar with Leigh. ??

I agree, the transition was quick!

Yep, that's the 2nd shipment of the xmas tsv. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor
Why should she work? She is very rich now. ...good thing is I will not have to hear her say No ICKY ingredients....a million times. Oh unless she trained the person stepping in for her.....if that is the case I will have to continue to suffer.
Honored Contributor
On 7/23/2014 gazelle77 said: Why should she work? She is very rich now. ...good thing is I will not have to hear her say No ICKY ingredients....a million times. Oh unless she trained the person stepping in for her.....if that is the case I will have to continue to suffer.
Are you sure she is very rich?
Contributor
On 7/23/2014 Tissyanne said:
On 7/23/2014 gazelle77 said: Why should she work? She is very rich now. ...good thing is I will not have to hear her say No ICKY ingredients....a million times. Oh unless she trained the person stepping in for her.....if that is the case I will have to continue to suffer.

I think 135 million in some circles is considered rich, even after taxes she will be financially well off.

Contributor

I think we will be still hearing ""No ICKY ingredients"" that was the phrase leigh used is this presentation.

Honored Contributor
On 7/23/2014 rehoda said:

I think 135 million in some circles is considered rich, even after taxes she will be financially well off.

I remember when she first started her company with the blush sticks. Her first husband died in the Towers on 9/11.

I don't think her business was much more than 15 years old...maybe less.

Congratulations to her...I STILL use her blushes exclusively!

Frequent Contributor

I like Maureen and good for her that she sold her company for a lot of money. She's worked very hard so maybe she wants to spend more time with her kids. She lost her husband on 9/11 so no snarky comments allowed

Trusted Contributor

ohhh. Mau seemed to be alittle camera shy. Love Tarte.

Contributor
On 7/23/2014 lcmel said:

I like Maureen and good for her that she sold her company for a lot of money. She's worked very hard so maybe she wants to spend more time with her kids. She lost her husband on 9/11 so no snarky comments allowed

I do not think there were any "snarky" comments. I was surprised how quickly she was moved out, but that was the doing of the company that bought tarte. she did have a difficult time, she lost of her husband, but she moved forward and continued to work & build her company. she was able to find a new love, marry & have children. now she has sold that company & is moving on to do new things. no one begrudges her success.

however, there are many who are sad that the company she sold to uses animal testing in the production of their products. Maureen has said that will not happen with tarte, but she only owns 6.5% of the company so I'm not sure how she can stop it. the sales agreement probable put a time frame on when they can make changes to the line, but changes will come. all you have to do is look at what has happened to philosophy & bare minerals.