Super Contributor

Do you feel prettier if you have cosmetics on that are top dollar?

Just curious. I think I do..........I should be happy with me in a 50 cent gloss............I don't know how to over come this. I have been this way since I was 14. And the man in my life does not even care if I wear makeup........strange.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you feel prettier if you have cosmetics on that are top dollar?

No, not at all. I can even feel I look good w/o any makeup on.

Honored Contributor

Heavens, NO! How much you spend or do not spend on makeup makes no difference on how you look or feel about yourself.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I'd like to think that I don't need expensive products to feel 'prettier' but when I take stock of the make up I've thrown out vs what I've used up, it is almost always the cheap stuff that ends up in the trash. I don't wear a lot of make up so I'm coming around to the belief that get what I pay for. For example my MAC eyeliner is worth every penny...

Esteemed Contributor

No. If I think I look good, I'm happy, and I couldn't care less how much or how little I've spent.

(I use everything from inexpensive to top dollar, and it rarely makes any difference.)

Kiss

Super Contributor

I spend what I need to to purchase the cosmetics I am happy with. My lipstick is .99c WetnWild but my Brow Fix is $30. So it's not the cost, it's the product.
Contributor

Aww girl, just use what works best for u and don't get hung up on brand names. I'm a makeup artist, and my kit includes everything from drug store to professional labels. I don't turn away from trying something just bc the price is cheap. I look for things that don't irritate, have good color pay-off, and are long wearing. I do like pricier mascara bc I find it doesn't dry out as quickly and lashes seem healthier. Good quality brushes make a difference too. On a side note: My obsession with beauty has caused me so many problems, and I know how powerful the need to feel pretty can be. Don't let it rule your world. Best of luck to u, dear.
Regular Contributor

I have high end and low end cosmetics - and no - it doesn't make a difference! I think being able to physically get up in the morning and feel good - no joint pain-is a blessing! Going to Zumba - riding my bike - not being limited physically is where it's at for me! I do love makeup, and love it - but, no the holy grail products are both high end and low - so price point doesn't affect how beautiful I feel! I feel more beautiful when I feel healthy and engage in my life!
Respected Contributor

On 7/23/2014 kemiqueen said: Aww girl, just use what works best for u and don't get hung up on brand names. I'm a makeup artist, and my kit includes everything from drug store to professional labels. I don't turn away from trying something just bc the price is cheap. I look for things that don't irritate, have good color pay-off, and are long wearing. I do like pricier mascara bc I find it doesn't dry out as quickly and lashes seem healthier. Good quality brushes make a difference too. On a side note: My obsession with beauty has caused me so many problems, and I know how powerful the need to feel pretty can be. Don't let it rule your world. Best of luck to u, dear.

kemi, what are your favorite brands for brushes? I have a large variety, including even the ELF studio line which is actually good for my purposes. I have two or three cosmetic bags/cases that I keep stocked and ready since I have overnight trips several times a month.

Valued Contributor

IF I get best look & wear from a higher-priced product (which is usually the case) I don't really ""feel"" prettier. The best word is CONFIDENT that I've used the best products to enhance my features. I do spend more on SKINCARE because I get better results with quality ingredients --- so Yes -- I feel prettier when my skin & hair are in their best condition without a lot of makeup and styling products. (hard question to answer OP! But I get your point --- some things are simply thoughts which we can change). However --- I have a ""thing"" for clothing/shoes/bags labels!! Usually because I know how certain brands/designers fit & last but often I notice I feel more attractive when wearing my $300 jeans than my $50 jeans --- no one knows but me!!! Guess I'm a snob or spoiled or what??? Harmless Femme Fun --- the boys have their toys too. There -- long answer to short question & maybe posing new questions. Do we all have too much time & money on our hands??