Super Contributor

Looking to add a peel. Suggestions

I have oily skin with of course larger pores. 46 years old. Not many wrinkles (good genes and the oily skin). Use Dermapeel from Skin 1-2x per week. Use Skinn, Isomers mostly. More loss of firmness than wrinkles but would like to add something like a peel since the Dermapeel is more of a scrub than a peel.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mary

Super Contributor

Re: Looking to add a peel. Suggestions

Maxipeel.

Honored Contributor

So what are you actually looking to address, the oiliness, the enlarged pores, or the firmness? If you're using a scrub, that could actually be encouraging the oil production. Enlarged pores are visible when they're packed with gunk. Rather than add a peel, I'd eliminate the scrub, start using a witch hazel toner, and start using a 10% AHA or prescription Retin-A to build collagen and elastin for firmness.

Super Contributor

I used to use Philosophy's Vitamin C peel, but stopped because I have spider veins and didn't want to make those worse. I started using Dr. Denese's Light Resurfacing Peel about a year ago. I really like it. I've worked up to 10 minutes and my skin really likes it.

Here's info from her website:

What is it?

Do you want your skin to look visibly younger, more clear, fresh, and even in color the next 10 minutes? This peel is a best kept "pre party" secret of Manhattan celebrities and socialites where this product was first introduced. This Firming Facial Light Resurfacing Peel is a professional grade lunch time peel for professional results that you can administer at home. This is your skin saver peel for special occasions, or for days when you do not like what you see in the mirror. What kind of changes can you expect? A clearly visible difference in texture, tone, clarity, brightness, evenness of color and a visible improvement in pore size. After regular use: a visible improvement in the look a firmness to your skin.

Who is it for?

If you have dull lifeless skin, clogged pores, oily T zone. If you feel that your skin care is at a plateau and does not improve no matter what you try? If you have un even skin tone. This peel is also your skin saver for special occasions, or on days when you just do not like what you see in the mirror.

Why is it different?

This is an advanced, gentle, triple acid based peel that contains: azeleic acid naturally derived from wheat, lactic acid naturally derived from milk and glycolic acid naturally derived from sugar cane. Safe and gentle, yet it delivers maximum results that you can expect from a light, medical grade peel.

Usage: Dry skin: 1-2 times per week. Oily skin: 3-4 times per week. It may tingle as you apply but do not be concerned, this is expected at this level of effectiveness.

Trusted Contributor

Makeup Artist's Choice has a wonderful selection of DIY home peels that are affordable and work. These peels are the real deal, not the starter peels offered on the shopping networks. With your skin, I would suggest looking at their glycolic peels and salicylic acid peels. Also, look at the Testimonials-Before & After Pics tab on their website (makeupartistschoice dot com).

I've used MUAC's Radiance Peel, Fade Peel, and 8% TCA Peel so far to address melasma/hyperpigmentation. The peels are easy to do, they provide clear instructions with each peel and if you have any questions, you can telephone them.

Occasional Contributor

Try Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel - Original Formula. It's great for oily/combo skin with enlarged pores. Start with the original formula 3x a week.

Trusted Contributor

You might want to check out skin-peel.com site. I use the Fusion Peel and love it.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

I really like the 25% Mandelic Acid peel from Make Up Artists Choice. I have very sensitive combo skin and it isn't too strong and there is no down time with it.

Respected Contributor

Have you tried Isomers Enzyme Peel? I love that product. I am at the bottom of my last bonus size bottle, bummer, but I am excited to see DJ (Skinn) will have a new peel this coming weekend.

Another one I may try one day, just havent yet is the Alba Botanica Enzyme Peel. I'm curious about this! I love peels, they keep yer skin so freshie looking if anything!

Good luck with whatever you try. Smile

Super Contributor

I highly recommend Makeup Artists Choice. Customer service is excellent. If you contact them and describe your skin, they can recommend the best peel for you. I have ultra sensitive skin, so in addition to helping me choose a peel, they helped tweak the application method for me.