Frequent Contributor

Who's got the time, skill, storage space, and $ for this type of Christmas decorating???

This type of decorating makes the unattainable Martha Stewart Christmas Decorating of yesteryear look like child's play. Is anyone purchasing the quantities of these items necessary to successfully achieve this "Lisa Robertson Christmas" look?
Super Contributor

Re: Who's got the time, skill, storage space, and $ for this type of Christmas decorating???

Just the Lisa Lovers Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Re: Who's got the time, skill, storage space, and $ for this type of Christmas decorating???

No, my days of all-out Christmas decorating are over. I just display a few items of sentimental value & leave it at that. When the season's here, I just drive around the neighborhoods that have lot of outdoor decorations & enjoy other people's work.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

I sure wish I had the storage space that's for sure!

Super Contributor

If I had unlimited funds, then sure - I'd go all out! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Unfortunately though, that's not my reality, lol!

Respected Contributor

I think going all out is kinda cool. However, I regard it as a hobby--other people's hobby. Don't stress yourself.

Trusted Contributor

Just my opinion but I think all the glittery stuff is so tacky. Cherubs at Christmas? Too over the top for us. We prefer a little simpler, traditional decorating. And old, slightly worn ornaments passed down from my Mom and Mom-in-Law. That's what the kids, and us, look forward to every year .
Honored Contributor

Alsee - i agree - what i love most about Christmas are the things that bring up memories. They may be tattered but they were touched by my Mom or grandma, or are things that were gifts from friends or family. I love that.

Trusted Contributor

I love it! She was just explaining how you can "add" to the garland. It's not a big deal. The garland and the tree already have the decorations, and the tree already has the lights.
Respected Contributor

On 7/20/2014 VCamp2748 said:

No, my days of all-out Christmas decorating are over. I just display a few items of sentimental value & leave it at that. When the season's here, I just drive around the neighborhoods that have lot of outdoor decorations & enjoy other people's work.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Me too!