Respected Contributor

For those of you who use regular shampoo and then Wen for the second wash, how much Wen do you use?

Honored Contributor

I'm hoping that croemer will see this thread because I know she does it this way.

Honored Contributor

Hi janey, I have hair to below my shoulders(which is fine and oily) and I use the full amount of pumps(about 20 pumps) on my cleanse... just all at once. I can not explain why this works. The only thing I can contribute to it... is the first cleanse..using reg. shampoo removes the WEN from my previous wash and which...maybe... WEN coats the hair?

My hair as still improved using my method of reg. shampoo first and WEN last. My hair has doubled in thickness, is shiny and bouncy. I used to have to wash my hair everyday and if going some where at night 2x a day. It was a real pain because my hair was so oily. I can now go 2 days and possibly a 3rd if I do not get hot and sweaty. What a relief that has been!

Hi SGH!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor
It's not rocket science. You only put in enough to fully cover your hair
Honored Contributor
On 7/20/2014 croemer said:

Hi janey, I have hair to below my shoulders(which is fine and oil) if and use the full amount of pumps(about 20 pumps) on my cleanse... just all at once. I can not explain why this works. The only thing I can contribute to to is the first cleanse..using reg. shampoo removes the WEN from my previous wash and which...maybe... WEN coats the hair?

My hair as still improved using my method of reg. shampoo first and WEN last. My hair has doubled in thickness, is shiny and bouncy. I used to have to wash my hair everyday and if going some where at night 2x a day. It was a real pain because my hair was so oily. I can now go 2 days and possibly a 3rd if I do not get hot and sweaty. What a relief that has been!

Hi SGH!!

Croemer -

I think you are really on to something!

Thanks for your contributions on the WEN forum.

Esteemed Contributor

I shampooed yesterday for the first time in 10 months. I used the same amount of shampoo that I do Wen. UGH!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor
On 7/21/2014 HonnyBrown said:

I shampooed yesterday for the first time in 10 months. I used the same amount of shampoo that I do Wen. UGH!

Did you finish it off with a WEN cleanse? Or were you just trying to see what happens with just shampoo?

Esteemed Contributor

terrier, my hair was acting funky. Shampoo always gave me a "clean slate" so that's what I did. It worked quite well; my hair is awesome today.

My first cleanse was shampoo instead of TT; second was the normal TT + 613.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor
On 7/21/2014 HonnyBrown said:

terrier, my hair was acting funky. Shampoo always gave me a "clean slate" so that's what I did. It worked quite well; my hair is awesome today.

My first cleanse was shampoo instead of TT; second was the normal TT + 613.

That's pretty much what I did too.

I think we found the perfect formula for US!

Occasional Contributor
Honeybrown, when u use regular shampoo which shampoo do u use? I am in transition from a perm to natural. I have not had a perm in 9 months. I currently use pantene shampoo. I am thinking about ordering the fig and 613 set. Do u think it works well for hair in transition.? I have dry, coarse , wavy hair. Its brown and gray. I am 54.