Respected Contributor

Ybf of hsn. Eyeshadow pallets

I am so tempted to buy this set of two eye shadow pallets they are showing onHSN this weekend. Anyone try her eye shadows and have advice if they are any good??
Valued Contributor

Re: Ybf of hsn. Eyeshadow pallets

Hi Lisa-No, I haven't tried the ESs, but I've liked a few of her products over the years (including the brow pencil), so I'd be interested to see what others have to say.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for YBF shadows. The pigment is not rich enough for me. I liked her shadows & brow pencil when it was Models Prefer but the formula changed.

Respected Contributor

I was looking at them and wondering if they could be a good alternative to all these $50 pallets I keep wanting from sephora.
Honored Contributor

I haven't tried any of the YBF things either but do have the Naked Basic 5 shadow pallet that I bought for $27. I am over using eye shadows anymore--I just dumped at least 25 of them recently from years ago. I never have used up a single one!! But the above shadows are very neutral and I use them every time I wear make up.

Respected Contributor

Anyone?
Honored Contributor

I have tried her shadows and other makeup in the past, not recently, and didn't care for any of it. I find YBF makeup to be no better than drugstore brands.

Super Contributor

Check where the product is made. Also the ingredients. She does have one palette (I never tried it) that gets rave reviews. It is made in Italy and looks really nice. There is talc in the ingredient deck. That one is more expensive than the ones you are talking about, so there you go...maybe better quality for the palette made in Italy. Just a guess.

I have used her eye brow pencil and her concealer palette. They were good, but I never like her other makeup. HTH

Michelle

Honored Contributor

On 7/20/2014 Mishell5 said:

Check where the product is made. Also the ingredients. She does have one palette (I never tried it) that gets rave reviews. It is made in Italy and looks really nice. There is talc in the ingredient deck. That one is more expensive than the ones you are talking about, so there you go...maybe better quality for the palette made in Italy. Just a guess.

I have used her eye brow pencil and her concealer palette. They were good, but I never like her other makeup. HTH

Michelle

I have a palette that is probably the one you're referring to. It was made in Italy, and the quality is excellent. It's an all matte selection. I bought it on eBay probably a year ago.

She recently brought it back, and it is available on HSN for $32.80 plus shipping. It's called the ybf Eight Eye-ssentials Timeless Shadow Collection. It is finely-milled, very creamy, and well-pigmented. It does have talc in it, as do many, many high-end eye shadows. It has almost all five-star reviews.

I see one that is new and sealed sold by top-rated seller on eBay for $15.99 free ship (Buy It Now).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 7/20/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 7/20/2014 Mishell5 said:

Michelle

I have a palette that is probably the one you're referring to. It was made in Italy, and the quality is excellent. It's an all matte selection. I bought it on eBay probably a year ago.

She recently brought it back, and it is available on HSN for $32.80 plus shipping. It's called the ybf Eight Eye-ssentials Timeless Shadow Collection. It is finely-milled, very creamy, and well-pigmented. It does have talc in it, as do many, many high-end eye shadows. It has almost all five-star reviews.

I see one that is new and sealed sold by top-rated seller on eBay for $15.99 free ship (Buy It Now).

I've been looking at that palette for a while now. Yup, talc is in most of the high end eye shadow, but that really doesn't bother me. We're not talking about a face powder,etc. The reviews are so good, and now you are saying that it is really a great palette. I am 61 and my eyes are getting that no lid look I always had that but as I get older it is getting more pronounced...and crepy (sp?) I am really having a hard time with eye shadows. Do you think this palette would work for me? TIA

Michelle