Respected Contributor

Need penetrating moisturizer

I've used OOO Regenerist off and on for years. I'll try something else and come back to it. However, as of late, it's not working. I don't want a moisturizer that sits on my skin. I need it to penetrate and live a nice soft feel - not sticky. I'm 67 years old, have combination skin that turns oily if the moisturizer is too heavy.

I tried Skinn, but I think this line is for women with dry skin so had to send everything back.

I exfoliate 2-3 times a week and use Vanicream to cleanse my face. It is very gentle and doesn't contain chemicals.

Of course, I'd like to keep it economical, but will pay for good results.

Ok, ladies, let me hear from you!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

Re: Need penetrating moisturizer

I was pretty wowed by Kate Somerville's DermalQuench, although it's not technically a moisturizer. You need to use a moisturizer over it, but it sure hydrates the skin beautifully. I got a little sample bottle off eBay for about $20.

I use a heavy moisturizer, but given enough time, it absorbs. I'm sure there are lots of great moisturizers that behave like what you're looking for, and others will be along to help. :-)

Respected Contributor

Fleur de Lis Camellia Oil on amazon. I have oily skin and it doesn't make my skin go crazy but is very moisturizing, makes your skin very soft, isn't sticky/greasy, is a great cleaners (I use it in the shower with just two pumps on damp skin then use my Clarisonic to get it to really purge my pores), and stays even after toning. It is also very full of good stuff from Camellia plants and is reasonably priced.

Valued Contributor

I have tried so many moisturizers and always, always go back to Creme de La Mer. There is nothing comparable. IT WORKS. ALWAYS.

Yes, it is expensive. But a two ounce jar lasts about four to six months. It only takes a little bit.

Some people call it hype. For me, it is the only thing that works and that I love.

Honored Contributor

This is what I do--I'm 60 and have really dry, sensitive skin. I FINALLY broke down and bought a Clarisonic. I paid $89 from Nordstrom, on sale, with free shipping and returns. Saved alot of $. I use this machine every other day to get used to it. I have been doing this for about a month now and notice that all my skincare and make up goes on smoothly and completely without having to rub and rub. My skincare is mostly Skinn which I love, but it soaks in right away. Also seems like I don't need as much to do the job. I do have great skin anyway and have had many people tell me how glowing I look. Me glowing---at 60??? Weird. So there you have it; my solution for me anyway. Probably more $ than you want to spend. I agree but am glad I bought the clarisonic.

Honored Contributor

I would agree with wagirl...your skin needs to be 'ready' to accept what you are putting on it. I also use a scrub on the days I don't use my Clarirsonic. I use Dr. Denese products and for 59 years old my skin looks pretty good.

Respected Contributor

Sassenach - may I ask what type skin you have? Does it penetrate and not sit on the skin?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

On 7/20/2014 Sassenach1 said:

I have tried so many moisturizers and always, always go back to Creme de La Mer. There is nothing comparable. IT WORKS. ALWAYS.

Yes, it is expensive. But a two ounce jar lasts about four to six months. It only takes a little bit.

Some people call it hype. For me, it is the only thing that works and that I love.

Can you please elaborate on this? I got a sample of it once, and there wasn't enough to evaluate it.

Is it just a good moisturizer ... or is there more to it? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

On 7/20/2014 pommom said:

I've used OOO Regenerist off and on for years. I'll try something else and come back to it. However, as of late, it's not working. I don't want a moisturizer that sits on my skin. I need it to penetrate and live a nice soft feel - not sticky. I'm 67 years old, have combination skin that turns oily if the moisturizer is too heavy.

I tried Skinn, but I think this line is for women with dry skin so had to send everything back.

I exfoliate 2-3 times a week and use Vanicream to cleanse my face. It is very gentle and doesn't contain chemicals.

Of course, I'd like to keep it economical, but will pay for good results.

Ok, ladies, let me hear from you!421.75 ....

Have you tried Hydroshield yet? If not, there's a great 3 piece Discovery Kit for only $21.75 .... A87564 ..... this one is worth the price to try her products. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

ASDM Beverly Hills has a Maximum Hydration Cream that is very good and a bit thicker. They also have Porcelain Doll Cream which is a bit thinner but is very hydrating. They have several creams and although I own quite a few I don't own all, yet, lol. I alternate between several and others I have sample sizes. They have Reversatrol and Collagen Cream. They have a Marine Complex for oilier skin types and it is a gel formulation. All are under 30.00 I believe and have free shipping over 25.00. I alternate at night between the Q10 and the Collagen Cream lately and I use the Porcelain Doll or Firming Cream during the day. All their products are wonderful. If you go to the website they give a full explanation of what is the creams and what they will do for your skin.