Valued Contributor
Before I decided WEN was the best choice for me I tried different cleansing conditioners (Salon Grafix, Hair One, and REN) and none of them came close to WEN, nor in performance or scent. I told myself I would not try anything else,because it was just throwing money away. This week I went to Walgreens and the girl at the beauty counter, who has beautiful hair, was telling me how great the Pantene Cleansing Conditioner she was using was and how it changed her hair. She said it had and anti dandruff ingredient, left her hair shiny, less hair loss, and on and on she went. She asked me what I used. I told her WEN. She said, then you have to try this, it will save you a lot of money (two 16oz for $8 this week). I smiled and thanked her for letting me know and went home. I have enough WEN until the next TSV, and will keep buying WEN. I'm just curious, has anyone else here tried it? It's it really better than the other imitators? As I said before, in my experience none came close to WEN.
Formally NewtoWen
Honored Contributor

This was just in a magazine - can't remember which one! It was August - and was rated #1 for budget cleansing conditioners.

Valued Contributor
That's interesting. She told me they would not last long in the store with the sale.
Formally NewtoWen
Respected Contributor

I didn't realize that their were many other cleansing conditioners. This is an article about this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/06/cleansing-conditioners_n_4546331.html

Valued Contributor
Thank you Susan. For some reason I tried to click on the link and it did not work. And yes, there are a few cleansing conditioners trying to imitate WEN. I just did not realize that Pantene also became one of them.
Formally NewtoWen
Esteemed Contributor

I know a lot of people who have used Pantene Truly Natural Cleansing Conditioner. They have nothing but great things to say about it, especially the softness of their hair.

Pantene makes excellent products.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor
On 7/20/2014 Newtowen said: Thank you Susan. For some reason I tried to click on the link and it did not work. And yes, there are a few cleansing conditioners trying to imitate WEN. I just did not realize that Pantene also became one of them.

My stylist trained with Vidal Sasson in England. When I told her I have been using WEN exclusively, she told me that the cleansing conditioner idea has been around as long as she has been in the business - over 30 years.

There are literally DOZENS to choose from.

Valued Contributor
I'm not sure if it's that one. The one she showed me comes in a white bottle with a pump and says cleansing conditioner. It's supposed to be safe for color treated hair.
Formally NewtoWen
Valued Contributor

This is Pantene's hair model. I was literally shocked when I saw this photo. Not something I would expect. I haven't used Pantene since my hair dresser told me to stop using it. That was years ago. Now in all fairness, things change so I cannot comment on their new formulas.

Gisele Bundchen

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/20/2014 Newtowen said: I'm not sure if it's that one. The one she showed me comes in a white bottle with a pump and says cleansing conditioner. It's supposed to be safe for color treated hair.

Truly Natural is the only cleansing conditioner they have.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.