Respected Contributor

Tried L'Oreal Preference Mousse Absolue haircolor?

Just bought a box. After reading the somewhat incorrectly written instructions, not sure if I should return it. Says 6 weeks of color (instead of the usual 8 weeks), and mentions the touch-up factor. My roots show too soon no matter what color I use. Wonder if this would be a waste of time? I got it because you can reuse it which seems great, but won't be if you need to retouch sooner. If you've used this, what did you think? Does it last, smell bad, dry the hair, anything? TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Tried L'Oreal Preference Mousse Absolue haircolor?

No one has tried this yet? I know it's fairly new, but someone must have tried it - or will I be the test-case, lol?

Honored Contributor

I bought it but have not tried it yet. Just colored my hair a few weeks ago. I will be doing a touch up within the next couple of weeks. I bought it for touch ups only since it can be reused & easier then mixing half a box for one touch up. I only really need to touch up around my hairline & part. I thought it was a great idea.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for replying, Nightowlz! I liked the idea of it as a touch-up too. After looking it up on the L'Oreal site, I am hesitant to use it. My last full color was light brown which it isn't available in. So, got medium and I can't touch up with it until I redo my head in medium. Not sure whether to use it or something else in medium for the whole head. Or return it and use what I already have tried.

Respected Contributor

I use L'Oreal, but use the FERIA one. It's the only one that gives me the same color time after time. The Mousse does sound a lot less messy! And I like the idea of only using part of it, so you have touch-up color to use later.

Please let us know if you try it, and how it performs.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

On 4/20/2014 Desi said:

Thanks for replying, Nightowlz! I liked the idea of it as a touch-up too. After looking it up on the L'Oreal site, I am hesitant to use it. My last full color was light brown which it isn't available in. So, got medium and I can't touch up with it until I redo my head in medium. Not sure whether to use it or something else in medium for the whole head. Or return it and use what I already have tried.

I call my hair light brown but light brown was too dark for me. I have been using John Frieda foam in dark cool pearl blonde. It's light brown IMO. Nothing blonde about it. I bought the Natural Dark Blonde color I the Loreal absolue.

Respected Contributor

Mistic, if I try it and don't chicken out, I will report back!

Nightowlz, maybe I should get the dark blonde, thanks! I don't know why they don't make a light brown shade. I thought CVS might not have the whole range, that's why I looked on the web-site in the first place. Well, turns out, CVS did have all the shades, no light brown exists.

My hair looks medium brown because of the gray (not that much) and the hair-coloring. it used to be darker, but the medium looked a bit harsh last time I used it.

Super Contributor

its new . want to listen more abt it

Respected Contributor

Meeras, I wish someone would post about it who has tried it. It sounds very easy for a touch-up, but I want details about it if possible.

Respected Contributor

I'm skittish about trying something new in the hair dye area. I've made more than one trip to Walmart at 2am for a ""Box of OMG Gotta Fix It"" LOL

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey