Valued Contributor

Found Such a Natural Look for MY Skin!!!!!

Not earth shattering- but I put on my sunscreen, then dabbed on my BB Pot Rouge in Blushed Rose and then brushed on my new It Celebration Foundation Illumination in Light and my skin just looks like it has a natural glow with a flush of color! Not bad for 62 year old skin!!!!! I almost always wear a liquid /cream foundation and then apply the rest of my make up but this was so easy and it really looks good. How do the rest of you get a quick natural look?

Respected Contributor

Re: Found Such a Natural Look for MY Skin!!!!!

Isn't it nice when everything comes together. I'm still working on it. I have the regular IT Celebration foundation and I like it, still looking for the right blush for this season.

Valued Contributor

Someone else mentioned that applying a gel or cream blush before foundation gives a glow from within look. I will have to try this with my BB pot rouge.

Super Contributor

My skin is finally in good enough shape that I'm not covering a lot, and my look is now quite natural and dewy. I use EltaMD tinted Daily spf 40 as my foundation, a little of the IT cosmetics bye bye under eyes on my nose (I have some redness), and the Nars Multiple Matte color stick in "Anguilla" on my cheeks and I'm glowing. I gave up powder, and my look has never been better.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies! It's fun to find easy ways to look like yourself but better. And I think especially as we age sometimes a lot of layers on our faces just contribute to the imperfections. A lighter look is generally more youthful if your skin doesn't have too many serious things to cover up. I'm always looking for the ""glow"" without the shimmer!

Regular Contributor

I'm so happy for you! I cant wait for this to happen for me. And when it does I'm going to post it and shout it from the roof tops! Lol. I have rosacea issues and at a stand still with foundation and make up. I think I might try the clinique redness solution and see how that goes. But anyways very happy for you!
Super Contributor

Congrats Virgo! That's sooo great that you've found a great natural look that is easy to arrive at!

I've been spending the past 2 weeks experimenting, trying to find my natural look that I can do quickly.

Did I ever mention that I DON'T do mornings well. Nope! Yes! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

eta: I'm about to buy the BB pot rouge in raspberry. I'll try using it under something light. Thanks for the idea!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

When I think of it, I try to remember to do my blush first sometimes with a quick f|uff of mineral foundation on top. I usually forget though.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Super Contributor

On 4/20/2014 spookyghost said: I'm so happy for you! I cant wait for this to happen for me. And when it does I'm going to post it and shout it from the roof tops! Lol. I have rosacea issues and at a stand still with foundation and make up. I think I might try the clinique redness solution and see how that goes. But anyways very happy for you!

spookyghost, have you tried IT's bye bye redness to help with your issues.

I just bought it, but it feels too too heavy on my face. It covers the red because it feels so heavy. Back it's going................unless someone has learned an application trick to share. Smile

Super Contributor

On 4/20/2014 MrsSweetieBear said:

When I think of it, I try to remember to do my blush first sometimes with a quick f|uff of mineral foundation on top. I usually forget though.

I'm trying to find a mineral powder good enough to be recommended by a user. May I ask what you use? TY Smiley Happy