Regular Contributor

Ready to give up on Tria laser

It,s been a little over a week. I was able to go to level 2 days ago. My skin looks and feels horrible! I guess in my head I knew to expect this but the reality is disconcerting. My skin was pretty good before I even started I was just looking for that elusive "even better". So I'm questioning whether I should stop and just let my skin heal and return this. It's a lot of money to have me looking so bad! I can't imagine 2MONTHS of this! Thoughts either way? Thanks!
Super Contributor

Re: Ready to give up on Tria laser

All I know is that the year's worth of reviews and reports on EDS keep repeating "it gets worse before it gets better". Dryness, "sandpaper face", appearance of dark spots where there weren't any. But without exception, those who stuck with it said "I'm so glad I kept going when the going got rough".

I was prepared for some pretty horrific reactions but had made up my mind to hang in there. I'm currently experiencing the dryness and there's some roughness/sandpapery feeling around my mouth and between my eyes, plus my wrinkles look more pronounced. I'm almost happy to see these uglies because I take it to mean I'm on the right track and it's doing what it's supposed to do!

You know better than anyone whether you're up for the long haul, and if you're okay with what may come. Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

olive, isn't there a Tria support line that you can call?

Regular Contributor

Thanks for your replies. Not sure about the hot line - but I would rather commiserate with you guys anyway. You're actually in the trenches with me. Marten you are awesome - always great feedback and info to share . I don't post often but I read a lot and I do appreciate your contributions
Valued Contributor

Well i to have the sand paper face and my lines are more pronounced than ever but i wont stop..I keep telling myself this to will pass and then i will look MUCH better..It is not fun looking worse but gonna be worth it down the road....I am using Josie Marans Argan Milk on top of my other skincare and i think it helps to not look as bad...MarenSeattle posted about Cure gel that will exfoliate the dead skin off which is important.. .I ordered one and will get it this week.....Ebay has it and Amazon.....Try to hang in there!

Super Contributor

From all the reports on users feeling terrible using it....I think your body is telling you to stop already!
Trusted Contributor

I am not experiencing any dryness or sandpapery feelings. The only thing I saw was the undereye area looking more baggy and that line I had along the side of my mouth is now gone. Undereye area is looking better. So I am wondering why I don't have the dryness and stuff you gals have.

Super Contributor

I know nothing about Tria. It seems that like most skincare, it is a forever thing. That means you have time to slow down the process since you'll be using it for years and years. What's a few extra weeks in the beginning? I know, the return period.

Again, I know nothing but I would say stay at level 1. Don't get caught up in other threads or posts. Do what is right for your skin. When you're ready to go to level 2, maybe do it every other day. Or one day at 1 and one day at 2. Slow down and see where you are at the two month mark. Take a few days off. Meanwhile, buy some Vitamin E oil at Walgreens or CVS, get the lower IU as it is easier to spread. Will help healing. Use it as your night time moisturizer.

But if you want to stop, then you should. I'm sure lots of these will be for sale on ebay in a couple of months at great prices. Wink

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Trusted Contributor

I read somewhere the level 2 and level 3 are actually the same intensity but the time period for use is longer at level 3. Is that true or was I reading some mis-information? It made me curious.

I think it all comes down to how well some can tolerate the rough times and also, just based on logistics, some will experience tougher side effects than others will. When I had laser surgery years ago, my doctor told me ahead of time that everyone heals differently and has different end results so not to have any preconceived expectations on both the healing (mine was dreadful and longer lasting than many) and the end result which for me was really good.

It's got to be an individual decision with your own comfort and tolerance levels. And like every other type of skin care, whether topical or via some sort of technological tool, the results are going to vary too. If they vary with professional laser treatments, they are certainly also going to vary with a home use product.

I say hang tough for a bit longer, if you can stand it, but don't alter the protocol as Tria probably took a long time to make sure the recommended intensities and required days (and weeks) of use produced the best results. You could be sabotaging yourself and your outcome if you don't follow their recommendations. This is not like a retina A or other cream but rather a technology that should be followed according to manufacturer's recommendations ......... at least my feeling on it.

Good luck whatever you decide!

Regular Contributor

thanks again to all of you for taking the time to reply. I was on level 3 and I agree that the intensity is about the same as 2 just longer. I skipped last night and am bout 80% decided to pack it up and return it. I just don't want the negative downtime for 2 months. I think I will let my skin heal and then check out getting a professional laser treatment done. If it isn't cost or time prohibitive I may go that route. I would rather have a few days or a week downtime than 2 months. Thanks again