Contributor

I am trying to clear out some clutter and have several almost full bottles of several varieties of Angel--Sunessence which is a lighter version for summer, a liqueur which was limited edition, an eau de parfum and a large body cream. I also have a 3/4 full bottle of Chanel Chance eau Tendre. They are several years old and I am mad at myself for spending so much money on these items that are not being used.

Is it ok to sell these on ebay? They've been kept out of sunlight and I would be upfront about them being a few years old and I would be happy to receive anything for them.

I'd like your opinions.

TIA!

Respected Contributor

Re: Fragrances no longer worn

lBe completely honest with your offering - how old they are, how they've been stored, etc. Be sure to price them reasonably. If someone buys them with that knowledge it's a win-win for everyone.

Contributor

Thanks, Perkup!

Honored Contributor

You're not allowed to sell used cosmetics on ebay. People do, but there's a chance you'll be reported and have your listings removed if you are reported. I don't know what else might happen if you are reported, so you might want to read up on the rules to see if they do more than remove the listings.

Respected Contributor

I really don't know if you should consider these cosmetics. They are fragrances. I've bought quite a few containers of things like bath powders on eBay and thought nothing about it. I wouldn't suggests selling used cosmetics anywhere.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, perfectly okay to sell used fragrance. You need a decent picture and of course full disclosure. Be sure to state if you still have the box and if the bottle has the cap. State original ounce size of bottle and give a fair guesstimate on the percentage of contents remaining, even if it shows clearly in the picture.

I'd take the Chanel Chance Eau Tendre, if low enough price, but only if comes with the cap. I'm always looking for deals in fragrance. And I much prefer Buy it Now. I'm not alone in that.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Contributor

Thanks, everyone! I'm inclined to start them at 1 cent and let it go from there since I don't know how much they'd be worth now.

Occasional Contributor

Used make-up and (possibly) fragrances are not supposed to be sold on Ebay; however, I've sold used BE loose eye shadows, etc., but always as bonus items paired with other new, unused items I was selling. You can also try Craigslist to sell these items.

Contributor

I just went on ebay and searched "eau de parfum-used" and over 7,000 items came up. If it is against policy, then a lot of people are violating it!

Trusted Contributor

It's not against policy to sell used fragrance on eBay, OP. People posting to you on this subject are NOT reading your original post correctly.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~