Regular Contributor

Last month a Congressman in VA created a bill to end animal testing for cosmetics. If you go to nars.org it's the 4th item down on their home page if you are interested. They also let you from there send a request to your congressman asking them to support the bill.

I know a lot of people on these boards are like me and would like animal testing eliminated so I thought I would pass this on.

Honored Contributor

I have never understood why they feel the need to put shampoo in the eyes of rabbits and dogs.

However, I eat meat, therefore I am a hypocrite.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Thank you! I will check it out.

Respected Contributor

Testing on animals is done again and again on live animals. Killing an animal for slaughter is once and done. Though many are done is large/commercial environments that aren't as accurate. I eat local meats from local farms and butchers, so living in rural America has its pluses. I wish I could find a local dairy for raw milk other than a cousin that milks goats for his wife's bowel condition. Goat's milk has been a Godsend for her. She can now go grocery shopping without a sudden need of the potty. The insurance company even paid for a potty to be put in her conversion van because of her sudden bouts. The milk has worked wonders where medicines have not, balancing the digestive system. Goat's milk is great when I can get over there to get it, but I drink about 2 gallons a week, so that isn't possible, so I go organic for my milk.

Honored Contributor
On 4/12/2014 tigriss said:

Testing on animals is done again and again on live animals. Killing an animal for slaughter is once and done. Though many are done is large/commercial environments that aren't as accurate. I eat local meats from local farms and butchers, so living in rural America has its pluses. I wish I could find a local dairy for raw milk other than a cousin that milks goats for his wife's bowel condition. Goat's milk has been a Godsend for her. She can now go grocery shopping without a sudden need of the potty. The insurance company even paid for a potty to be put in her conversion van because of her sudden bouts. The milk has worked wonders where medicines have not, balancing the digestive system. Goat's milk is great when I can get over there to get it, but I drink about 2 gallons a week, so that isn't possible, so I go organic for my milk.

Almost impossible. Good grief, they've practically made it illegal.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I don't see it on the page www dot nars dot com. Please advise!

Regular Contributor

I was on Paula's Choice site looking reading about her policy on animal testing and I found that she relies on navs instead of peta to determine if a company does animal testing or not. I had never heard of navs so I went to this site and found about about the bill. One Congress person in my state already co sponsored the bill the other had not so I filled out the form. I got an email in my mailbox from her acknowledging my message so I know she received my request. I hope she signs it.

I don't know about everyone else but I have sensitive skin and I end up doing a lot of research on ingredients in products. It sure would be nice if I could eliminate having to also check to see if they do animal testing too as I won't knowingly buy from those that do. I don't judge anyone who does, its just for me personally I can't.

Regular Contributor
On 4/12/2014 tigriss said:

I don't see it on the page www dot nars dot com. Please advise!

It's naVs.ORG

I think my original post has a typo and has nars.org incorrectly.

Super Contributor

ThanksSmiley Happy I'll check it out.

Respected Contributor

Done! Thanks!