Super Contributor

What are your key skincare items?

As I was doing my routine last night, I forgot to put on one of my serums. It really got me to thinking about what exactly does my skin need. I do feel like I am using too muchSmiley Sad I am considering returning some things that I recently purchased. Here is my list of what I feel are the key items to better my skin:

Cleanser that removes all my makeup and doesn't leave me dry. (Currently love Paula's Choice Moisture Boost Cleanser)

Vitamin C Serum for brightening and targeting my dark spots. (Just started on my full size Paula's Choice C15-I am getting some redness on my cheeks but hoping my skin adjust. If not, I will have to go back to using either Mad Hippie or Isomers C-Stem serum).

Retinol product for night. (Paula's Choice Resist Intensive Retinol Serum).

AHA 6 nights a week - BHA once a week ( Paula's Choice 5% Daily AHA and 4% BHA Foam)

Nighttime antioxidant moisturizer. (Don't really know- May go with Paula's Choice Skin Repair Moisturizer)

AM SPF. (Paula's Choice Resist Super Light SPF 30)

So beauties, what are the key things that you find help your skin the most? By the way, I am 38 and my main concern is Brown spots.

Respected Contributor

Re: What are your key skincare items?

Cleanser (I use Purity)

Eye cream (HIAT at night, Shikai Borage eye cream in the day)

Moisturizer (HIAJ Night at night, Shikai Borage Spf 15 in the day)

WHINE Serum at night every other night, Retrinol on the alternate nights (get this from the derm)

Ole Henriksen neck cream am and pm

Sometimes I will use Argan oil in place of HIAJ night

Once a week, I.use Philosophy microdelivery peel.

Don't have any concerns. Just want to keep things maintained.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

No matter what I use, I never skip Hydroshield. It goes over any cleanser and before any other treatments or creams. My dry skin loves it.

Super Contributor

On 4/12/2014 millieshops said:

No matter what I use, I never skip Hydroshield. It goes over any cleanser and before any other treatments or creams. My dry skin loves it.

Your mentioning Hydroshied reminded me that I am going to have to add something with my Vitamin C Serum in the AM before my SPF.

Honored Contributor

I wash my face with Paula's Moisture Boost cleanser, then spritz some Thayers alcohol-free witch hazel on my face before I smear Pond's Clarant B3 over it, finishing with Lumene BB cream. Done.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Cleanser, oils, Vit C, retinol, BHA, antioxidant serum.
Super Contributor

I think I have a tube of eye cream from every line out there. I alternate what I'm using.
Super Contributor

In my 50's and I am still fine with just using a basic skincare line of cleanser, toner, moisturizer and foundation. I have oily skin still.

Super Contributor

Sunblock. A good gentle cleanser (gentler now that I'm more dry) and a moisturizer (again, now that I'm more dry). Other than that, there are things I love and that I feel make a difference, but probably nobody else but me sees any difference.

Super Contributor

On 4/12/2014 BonnieBelle said:

In my 50's and I am still fine with just using a basic skincare line of cleanser, toner, moisturizer and foundation. I have oily skin still.

My skin used to be oily and for me, it was easier to care for. My skin is only slightly dry and it is difficult finding things that I truly loveSmiley Sad