Valued Contributor

Last week there was a post about the Sephora sale. Thanks to the ladies here I knew about it and became a beauty insider and got my first Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder. I loved it so much I wanted another one, or possibly two but my store was completely out of stock of them. They never did restock and now the sale is over. I was wondering when the next sale is. Also, is there no hope of getting what you want during sales? Perhaps I should get the powders when I see them and pay full price? {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Thanks so much. Kiss

Valued Contributor

Since we don't have a Sephora store in my state, I always order online and most of the time what I want is in stock.

Valued Contributor
On 4/12/2014 Lanikins said:

Since we don't have a Sephora store in my state, I always order online and most of the time what I want is in stock.

Yeah. I guess I should have done that. I was hoping they have sales often. Next time I will be sure to order on line before the sale runs out. Thanks Lanikins.

Respected Contributor

They used to have a FF sale in the fall, but now that is limited to staff. They usually send a coupon worth $15 on a $50 purchase in December. My mother and I took advantage of this sale… I got a BB cream in store, and then told my mother about it. We have a JC Penney's nearby, but they have limited inventory. Mom didn't want to make the trek to the "real" store, so I placed an on-line order for some Living Proof products that she's about out of. I add in the 500 point PTR gift (it was her points…. maybe she'll keep it, maybe she'll give it to me????), and an Urban Decay eye shadow just fell into the cart for me. OOPS! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Seriously, though…. if you're in the free shipping range, there is no reason not to order on line. Sorry that it will probably be a while before you can take advantage of the next sale. I buy very little from Sephora these days…. I just wait for other places to have sales.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/12/2014 itsMe said:

They used to have a FF sale in the fall, but now that is limited to staff. They usually send a coupon worth $15 on a $50 purchase in December. My mother and I took advantage of this sale… I got a BB cream in store, and then told my mother about it. We have a JC Penney's nearby, but they have limited inventory. Mom didn't want to make the trek to the "real" store, so I placed an on-line order for some Living Proof products that she's about out of. I add in the 500 point PTR gift (it was her points…. maybe she'll keep it, maybe she'll give it to me????), and an Urban Decay eye shadow just fell into the cart for me. OOPS! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Seriously, though…. if you're in the free shipping range, there is no reason not to order on line. Sorry that it will probably be a while before you can take advantage of the next sale. I buy very little from Sephora these days…. I just wait for other places to have sales.

Sephora still offers the annual November 20% off discount to Beauty Insiders. I'm not sure what level of Insider one has to be at to get the deal, but it exists. Other than that -- there's only the perks you can cash in your Insider Points for and a free gift for your birthday month. I frankly am unaware of any other sales during the year and I spend hundreds of dollars annually at Sephora.

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for the responses. I got 15% off the powder. 20% would be nice but I don't want to wait till November. My birthday is coming up. I guess I will just wait and go in and claim my birthday gift.

Live and lean. Next time I will order on line. Thank you!!

Contributor

This has nothing to do with the sale, but hourglass is releasing the ambient lighting palette that was so popular and limited edition, so you might want to check that out, it is lovely..{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Valued Contributor
On 4/12/2014 Hazelnut_77 said:

This has nothing to do with the sale, but hourglass is releasing the ambient lighting palette that was so popular and limited edition, so you might want to check that out, it is lovely..{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

OMG!! Really?? Do you know when? I didn't even know these powders existed when that came out. You have it? I've been wearing Mood. I love it so much. I was wanting a lighter color and possibly a glowy color like Radiant but I would get that palette. It sounds like Incandescent is like Radiant. Ooops never mind. I just added it to my shopping cart! LOL. Thank you Hazelnut!
Respected Contributor
Check out eBay!
Respected Contributor
On 4/12/2014 Trix said:
On 4/12/2014 itsMe said:

Sephora still offers the annual November 20% off discount to Beauty Insiders. I'm not sure what level of Insider one has to be at to get the deal, but it exists. Other than that -- there's only the perks you can cash in your Insider Points for and a free gift for your birthday month. I frankly am unaware of any other sales during the year and I spend hundreds of dollars annually at Sephora.

I think you have to be a VIB for the 20%. I'm just a BI. Didn't get that offer last year. They were out of the birthday gift when I was there. I think that is hit or miss in the Penney's store near me. I might have to make my way to the stand-alone.