Valued Contributor

Please talk me out of the Philosophy TSV

So tempted to get the upcoming TSV but, I've been dissatisfied with their fragrances that don't last. I have not tried the EDP. I thought it was interesting that LR did not mention any Philosophy products in her "favorite things". Any thoughts on this TSV? Should I save my $$$?

Super Contributor

Re: Please talk me out of the Philosophy TSV

It is an excellent value if you like the products and need them. I do not need anything, but love the EDP, OOS, and whipped body creme. If I needed product, I'd be all over this because the only fragrances I wear are from philosophy. I'm not sure I helped.

Regular Contributor

I ordered it in Amazing Grace and have had it for about a week. I love it all. The EDP has a pretty strong scent. Sorry I didn't help you NOT to buy it.

Trusted Contributor

I was tempted to order it myself but for $88 (plus tax and s&h) I just couldn't justify the cost, even with 4 easy pays (the Insider offer.) I think I'd enjoy the Olive Oil scrub and I can always use body butters but I feel the price got that high due to the fragrance which I have never really liked from Philosophy. I could take a chance and try a fragrance I haven't used before but for me, I think the odds are against me having success in that area.

My thoughts were I could get both a good scrub and body butter for less than half the cost of the TSV then have the remaining money to buy something I know I really will like whether it be skincare, cosmetic or something completely different.

Super Contributor

philosophy super-size embrace love & grace fragrance trio

I have plenty from other lines I am using, so am skipping this TSV... not sure if I'll ever use philosophy anymore when my olive oil scrub runs out.

4/12/14 philosophy super-size embrace love and grace fragrance trio

QPrice: $107.00

TSV Price: $88.00 (with 4 easy payments)

S&H: $8.97

Includes:

(1) 4-fl-oz eau de parfum spray fragrance,

(1) 32-fl-oz olive oil scrub,

(1) 16-fl-oz whipped body creme.

Choose from amazing grace, living grace, pure grace, baby grace, unconditional love, or falling in love.

Cannot ship to AK, HI, PR, VI, Guam.

Esteemed Contributor

Never worn their fragrances again after my dad said the amazing grace smells horrible. That alone should make you not buy it lol.

Regular Contributor

LOL! I love the title of your post.

I like philosophy fragrances and the EDP is the strongest compared to the other types of sprays. I've never had an issue with the scent not lasting long enough because even when I can no longer smell it on me later in the day, others comment on it and they can still smell it. I think you just get used it and don't notice it as much after awhile.

Aside from the EDP which it sounds like you want, the whipped body cremes are nice if you haven't tried that yet. I haven't tried the olive oil scrub so I can't speak to it's quality but if you need a scrub or self tan a lot then it might be worth it. For me it would boil down to do I need all these super sized items, will I really use them up? If you don't need all three maybe you should just buy the EDP separately? Just a thought.

Super Contributor

Aw, go ahead. You know you want it.
Super Contributor

Up until sometime mid of last year, I had been using AG EDP. Then one day I saw someone posted, saying that not everyone likes the smell of AG. I stopped using right at that moment. I think that is true, but I hadn't thought about it. That is, until I tried a sample of Baby Grace. The effect was immediate: It was like someone or something was suffocating me -- I couldn't breathe! I went to Sephora and got a whiff of the "Try Me" bottle. Again, I felt suffocated.

Since then, I haven't used any line/brand of EDT or EDP; I guess it's best if no one smells anything when I walk by. lol

Honored Contributor

Would come to over $100. so I'm not ordering. I have enough AG, etc. anyway.