Occasional Contributor

Why so many 3/4 length sleeves?

This has probably been discussed here before, but I can't help wondering why in the world there are so many tops made in the 3/4 length sleeve for both fall and winter Q.F. items. I realize that there is a portion of the country that isn't going to be in the deep freeze for the coming months, but I find it kind of crazy that so many of the holiday items, in particular, are pretty much all 3/4 sleeves, which just aren't warm for most of us during the cold and windy winter season. Just wondering......

Honored Contributor

Re: Why so many 3/4 length sleeves?

I love 3/4 sleeves. I'd be very happy if they did away with all long sleeves.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you Beautiful. I haven't bought any long sleeve tops because I can't find them. Winter is cold and it calls for long sleeve tops!! I'm saving tons of money. Can't stand 3/4 sleeve tops. Looks like the sleeves shrank during washing.

Super Contributor

Everything in the QF line is a 3/4 length t-shirt. :-( The only thing that seems to be different is the design on the front. I miss the ""old"" Quacker a lot. The line now seems to be produced simply based on cost-----manufacture in the cheapest way possible and charge a fortune.

Honored Contributor

Why oh why can we not have FULL LONG SLEEVES this time of year???!!! I am SO tired of 3/4 sleeves!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially in the colder weather, they're so annoying under a sweater, shirt etc. All I do is pull, tug, yank at them. 3/4 sleeves forces me to NOT buy many shirts this time of year.

Please give us the REST of the sleeves!!!!

Honored Contributor

And once again if you have short arms the 3/4 sleeves look like long sleeves. If you have gorilla type arms I can understand. The whole business about colder weather is a myth.

Esteemed Contributor

I think 3/4 sleeves make the tops look unfinished....I won't buy them....I go elsewhere for my long sleeve tops....

Honored Contributor

I think they perceive that a 3/4 sleeve will make the greatest majority of customers happy - not long so the folks in the south will still consider the item, not short so folks in the north will still buy the item, those with arm waddle seem to love 3/4 sleeves and some like them to be warm but still show off arm jewelry. Most of us when we wear long sleeves end up pushing them up anyway, don't we. While I am not a fan of the 3/4 sleeve - i do understand it from a marketing perspective.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for them either. I actually only wear short sleeve tops.

Super Contributor

Because long sleeves can be too long for petite ladies and too short for taller ladies with longer arms. Three-quarter sleeves is a happy medium. I like 3/4 sleeves. Anyone who knows anything about fashion knows that three-quarter sleeves are an option...and they do not look like something that shrank during the laundering process. I tend to push my sleeves up anyway as I live in a hot climate.

My husband thinks 3/4 sleeves look sexy. I like the fact that your bracelets really show up when you wear them.

I do wish they would come out with elbow-length tees though!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion