Honored Contributor

Ladies, do you wash these by turning them inside out on gentle?

Just catching this today.

Or do you hand wash? They are pretty, but I don't own any, don't usually see their shows.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ladies, do you wash these by turning them inside out on gentle?

Don't own any yet but I just ordered one for the 4th. Yes, I'm sure it's turn it inside out and wash on gentle, lay flat to dry.

Super Contributor

I'm not sure what item you're referring to. Or QF in general.

I have a number of QF pieces and also some lacy, fragile-looking pieces from other collections. I wash EVERYTHING in the washer. If it's lacy, a delicate knit or otherwise fragile, it goes into a lingerie bag so nothing catches the lace, knit, etc.

For QF items with embellishments, I usually turn them inside out and throw them in with other like colors. I've had issues with QF sparklies coming off especially if I put them in the dyer. I remember Jean telling us to "reset" the sparkles by turning the garment inside out and running the iron over the wrong side to make the glue restick.

I have a several pairs of QF jeans with sparkles on the back pockets. I have washed and dryed them dozens of times and the sparkles do not come off.

Super Contributor

The few Quacker items I have are washed in my machine on the hand wash cycle. I throw them in sweater bags, wash, then dry some flat, some I hang on a hanger to dry. Never had a problem with any of them.