Honored Contributor

Just writing to let you know that, although you've got some cute shirts, I won't be buying. Your 3/4 sleeve tops are too hot for the 90+ degree climate in which I live. They're also not warm enough for our cold winter weather. I used to cut them off and hem them but I'm tired of that so I'll do without.

While I'm on a roll, I need to also let you know that I'm also no longer buying your pants. I'm a petite and like most petites, I need a petite length, not just short. Because Jeanne was unusual in just having short legs doesn't mean the majority of short women are the same. Most of us are also short in the rise. When I buy your "shorts", I can pull the waist up to my bra and at 5'4", the short long pants are still too long for me and must be hemmed.

I'd love to do business with Quacker, but as long as the above problems prevail, I'll be abstaining.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It seems that all the tops in all brands have so many 3/4 sleeves....or very short sleeves....I wish they would make elbow length....that is a happy medium...for me...someone somewhere decided that 3/4 sleeves was what we all want....not me...in this heat...that's the last thing I want to put on...in my house I am in tank tops...won't leave the house in them, though...lol

Regular Contributor

I 100 percent agree with you regarding the sleeve lengths. I have started threads through the years on this topic, but to no avail. I, like you, saw so many things on Friday's show that I would have bought if only the sleeves were short. I did a random search on the QF QVC page and the numbers are astounding. Currently, in all of the shirts QF sells, there are 210 3/4 length sleeve shirts and only 27 short sleeve shirts! Almost 57% of their shirts are now 3/4 length sleeves compared to the short sleeve amount. I still have a lot of my old QF shirts from back in the day and they are ALL short sleeved. I think 3/4 length was coming into being while Jeanne was still alive because I made the mistake ONCE of buying her "summer" motif shirts in 3/4 length sleeves. What a huge mistake that was! I was roasting! I made a pledge at that point that I would not buy anymore 3/4 length sleeves for the summer again. I will wear them in the winter, but no cute summer designs will grace my body again. I think it was a testament to how popular short sleeves are when A254162, a new set of two short sleeve shirts, sold out in only minutes on Friday. When Patrick said at one point that you could be out grilling in your 3/4 length sleeves and be comfortable, I had to laugh. He is invited to my grill wearing 3/4 length sleeves in the heat of July and August and we will see how comfortable he is! Don't get me wrong, I think Patrick and Angel do a fantastic job and I know they work hard, but for me, 3/4 length sleeves in the summer just won't work. It's gets up into the 90's here with high humidity, which makes it feel as though it's over 100 degrees on many days. I realize there are lots of ladies who love the 3/4 length sleeve so I say good for them. I will vote with my pocketbook and I have not purchased any QF for quite awhile. I am glad to have the old QF summer shirts that I will continue to pull out and wear each summer!

Respected Contributor

Also, please reconsider that ridiculous karate kick. Not flattering.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

It won't matter about the 3/4 sleeves. If it's 100 %cotton, it's going to shrink, draw up, lose it's shape, and have to be touched up with an iron every time. The other lines' cotton doesn't seem to do this. Don't know why QF would have a different source. But it irks me to spend good money on a top that looks like a bad sack. I have one now laid out flat to put some shape to it because I love the embroidery on it and am trying to salvage it.

Super Contributor

I have many 100% cotton tops and none of mine have shrunk or gotten out of shape. I wash my tops in cold water, put them on hangers and let dry. No problem with any of them.

Frequent Contributor
I'm glad QF has "short" pants. I'm short, but not petite in the rise. I do like 3/4 sleeves, but I agree that the majority of the tops offered on the Q are 3/4 and would love to see more elbow sleeve tops. Susan Graver has some. I do not like QF's 100% cotton tops because they do stretch out and get kind of wavy at the bottom (I do line dry them). I sent a comment to Angel on QF's web page and asked her if they would make some 95/5 tops. She said she had asked years ago for this and was turned down, but that she would try again.
Frequent Contributor

Apparently no one listens to those of us who keep asking for shorter or longer sleeves and the nasty cotton that stretches. Living in MN, we start wearing long sleeve tops fairly early in the fall and even if you purchase a 3/4 sleeve top it stretches so bad that it looks terrible.

Once-upon-a-time I was a dedicated Quacker..... but the quality has gone down, the 3/4 sleeves drive me nuts and seriously, ENOUGH with the sequins and rhinestones. Oh, to wish for the days of beautiful, whimsical embroidery... but I guess sequins, rhinestones and 3/4 sleeves sell because they keep bringing 'em back.

A sad ex-Quacker........... {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Trusted Contributor
I don't mind the 3/4 sleeves. I live in Virginia and even on hot days I can wear them when we go out to dinner or to the movies because most places have their air conditioning set too cold for me.
Contributor

I also don't like 3/4 length sleeves, too hot for summer and too cold for winter. Which where I live, north east means only a few short weeks they are wearable spring and fall. One other thing, they bunch up when I wear a jacket over them. Anybody else have this problem with them?