Super Contributor

Angel Smedley and Quacker Factory

I know that Angel was a model for QF years ago. Then in the last couple of years of Jeane's life Angel had a bigger role. Now she is the lone spokesperson. Did she inherit QF or is she merely the representative?
Honored Contributor

Re: Angel Smedley and Quacker Factory

I don't know for sure of course but my guess is that Angel is merely the rep, the public face of the brand. Don't you think that, by now, QVC owns the brand?

Super Contributor

On 4/23/2014 ValuSkr said:

I don't know for sure of course but my guess is that Angel is merely the rep, the public face of the brand. Don't you think that, by now, QVC owns the brand?

Yes, that's quite possible. I can't remember Jeanne ever mentioning family so I don't know who might have inherited.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/23/2014 ValuSkr said:

Not 100% sure, but the last info I saw showed that the Quacker Factory brand was owned by The Quack Inc. and Timothy Bice is the president of the company.

Respected Contributor

I think Angel said at some point that Jeanne's children are the new leaders of the brand (President? CEO?). Angel is an employee (or maybe a contractor). Don't know if QVC owns the company, but would not be surprised if they did.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Regular Contributor

Not sure at all, but the following reads as if it might still be in the Bice family ...

The Quack, Inc. filed as a Domestic for Profit Corporation in the State of Florida on Tuesday, January 20, 1998 and is approximately sixteen years old, as recorded in documents filed with Florida Department of State. The filing is currently active as of the last data refresh which occured on Sunday, September 01, 2013.

<h4 style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: inherit; color: #2875a0; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 14px;"> Key People</h4>

Timothy Bice serves as the President Timothy's past corporate affiliations include Bice Library, Inc.

Michael Mason is the Secretary of The Quack, Inc..

The registered agent for the company is Stephen R. Swank. Also known as a statutory or resident agent, the registered agent is responsible for receiving legal notifications regarding court summons, lawsuits, and other legal actions involving the corporate entity

Super Contributor

That sounds as if The Quack is still a privately owned company and that a Bice is the president. Thanks for the information.
Honored Contributor

I think Angel is an employee - and today she's looking the loveliest ever - even prettier than she looked as a model years ago. Way to go, Angel!

Respected Contributor

Angel is one of the most natural, relaxed hosts. Nothing phony there. Sweet, smart lady.

Honored Contributor

Didn't Jeanne have a daughter who passed away not long after she did?