Contributor

Anyone miss the old quacker factory?

I know it wasn't for everyone, but I miss the cute dogs, cats, lady bugs or whatever . I'm really tired of sequins, rhinestones and overly sparkled, Jeanne used to put a few rhinestones scattered, throughout but I didn't look like a neon sign walking down the street.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone miss the old quacker factory?

No, I would never have worn any QF items that had animals on it or holiday designs. I prefer the "quiet sophist-a-quack" and would appreciate more toned down designs with the excellent quality fabrics that QF is known for.

I think that QF should make the older stuff that you like and the quieter stuff that some of the us newer QF's like.

Esteemed Contributor

I am retired now but when I was a teacher I liked to buy Quaker to literally entertain the kids I taught. Now that I no longer in that position I really have no need for my collection. Thinking of a way to get rid of what I have.

Esteemed Contributor

I outgrew puppies/kitties on my shirts about age 7.......QF has had a good run over the years...time for the line to ""RIP"".

Esteemed Contributor

I began watching the Q right after Jeanee passed away, so I didn't see what was shown in years past. That being said, I'm not fond of all kinds of sparkle on my clothing, even at the tender age of 69. Wink

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I too am not a sequin and sparkles person. I loved when jean first started QF and she brought those white men's shirts with the printed fabric overlays.
Super Contributor

I had a lady bug sweater/cardigan that was so cute. I wore it to lots of Spring and fall festivals and someone was always asking me where I got it, hoping that it was available at the festival. I was quacked at only once. They don't make sweaters like that anymore. I was in my early 40s and didn't feel silly in it.
Valued Contributor

Honored Contributor

I like the retro forties and fifties designs. You can see it in their Christmas clothes sometimes. They should do more ladylike, pretty colors, with retro details and motifs. I wouldn't mind if they charged more for the extra detail. It'd be a great contrast with the bold bright geometric direction QVCs other designers are going.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I thought those fruit and veggies sweaters were adorable.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr