Occasional Contributor

Angel,

My New Year's resolution is to buy American. Would you please consider moving your manufacturing from China to America? I, for one, am willing to pay a few dollars more for products made right here.

Regular Contributor
On 12/27/2013 LoriMI said:
On 12/26/2013 ennui1 said:
On 12/26/2013 happy housewife said: people come here and go on about buying American then go buy a foreign car ! OP - what kind of car do you drive?

Thank you. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I think a few of you got snarky with OP of wanting to buy American. I think it is a good goal. As far as American made cars, many have foreign parts, and some 'foreign cars' are manufactured here in the US.

Pretty hard to find totally made and manufactured USA, but still worth trying to support US jobs.

I, for one, totally agree with the OP and I think QF's quality has suffered. What I don't understand is why the snarky comments OT about cars? OP wasn't talking about cars so why introduce those comments? She'd rather buy clothing made in the US so start your own thread if you want to discuss foreign vs. American cars. Sheesh. Does everything have to start a controversy?

Super Contributor
I know, on some other posts people get mad at you if you say you'd like to at least TRY to buy American. They insinuate you are ignorant of global economy and worse. It's very odd.
Super Contributor
My car is 85% American parts and is assembled in America, so I like that and I bought it.
Regular Contributor
On 1/13/2014 cyndog said: I know, on some other posts people get mad at you if you say you'd like to at least TRY to buy American. They insinuate you are ignorant of global economy and worse. It's very odd.

Very odd. I always try to buy American and I'm happy to say I'm noticing more and more American-made products. They are also clearly marking these products w/ American flags or "Made in the USA" clearly evident.

Esteemed Contributor

I so agree. I have several "old" towels. I just looked at the label for one of them, Maxell for Martex, made in the USA. At least I know there are NO harmful chemicals in the cotton.

Frequent Contributor
I think a lot of citizens would love to buy American, however, we are primarily a service nation now. We lost our way as a nation that actually produces. So until we actually start producing our own products again, it will be very hard to say that I will only buy American. There are some things that I just need and we don't make...sadly.
Super Contributor
I agree, I certainly can't say I buy only American, but I do as much as I can, that's all one can do. I just don't get all the sarcastic, insulting posts I've read on other threads regarding this.
Valued Contributor
On 12/26/2013 kachina624 said: I say support the Chinese and maybe they'll keep bolstering our economy.

Are you serious?

Regular Contributor

I think ... I hope ... that was sarcasm.