Contributor

I have been a customer for over 20 years. Most of your hosts are wonderful at speaking clearly but I have to suggest that you have Kirsten slow down. She talks so fast, we can't understand what she is saying half the time. Everyone in my household laughs when she is on because of how she mumbles and speaks a thousand words per minute. We can't be the only ones who have noticed this. Please please please have her slow down. It's gotten to the point where we change the channel or mute the sound when she is on because it is so distracting.

Honored Contributor

Re: Talking Too Fast!!!!

[ Edited ]

She's not the only one... Most of the hosts talk so fast surprised they don't melt... One among a number of reasons I'm now watching so little QVC...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 4/5/2015 stevieb said:

She's not the only one... Most of the hosts talk so fast I'm surprise they don't melt... One among a number of reasons I'm now watching so little QVC...

On Saturday (I don't remember the host).....I thought I was watching an auction........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor
I have this same issue with Jaime (IT Cosmetics). She speaks so fast that it is completely distracting from the products she is describing.
Trusted Contributor
Most of the q. hosts are really unwatchable. Whoever preps them before they go on camera should be fired.
Valued Contributor
On 4/5/2015 AGV said: I have this same issue with Jaime (IT Cosmetics). She speaks so fast that it is completely distracting from the products she is describing.

Totally agree. I can't watch Jaime -- she's like a run-away train. Its as though she's afraid of being fired if she doesn't spit out every talking point at 500 miles an hour! Love her enthusiasm though ;o) But she needs to slow down. The building is NOT on fire!

Super Contributor
On 4/5/2015 Desertdi said:
On 4/5/2015 stevieb said:

She's not the only one... Most of the hosts talk so fast I'm surprise they don't melt... One among a number of reasons I'm now watching so little QVC...

On Saturday (I don't remember the host).....I thought I was watching an auction........

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} there's also a commercial on TV with an auctioneer as a check out guy at a grocery store, very funny.!!

Contributor
I've written to some of the hosts about this. I think it's just the new (has been around, actually for a while) thing. I guess the best thing, if you really want to watch, but can't take the fast patter-is just mute them! Happy watching!
Honored Contributor

The way people talk is regional. In some areas people speak slow and other areas people speak fast.

Here in PA, NJ and NY and some other areas of the northeast, we speak faster than people of some southern states and other areas of the country do.

I have no problem understanding any of the hosts or vendors, and I don't think they talk too fast.

I travel a lot and sometimes people speak so slow in other states that I feel impatient waiting for them to finish their thoughts. I just go with the flow as I am in their region.

As we say here in PA, we don't talk too fast, you listen too slow.

Enjoy your day!

Honored Contributor

I think they are told to hit so many talking points while they're on air. The problem is that the faster and more points you hit, the less the audience will "hear you". Even aside from annoying and turning the sound down or the channel off.

Experiments have been done with listening audiences and they found that most listeners do not catch anywhere near even half of what's spoken. One of the reasons those listening to lectures take notes. The other piece of the equation is repetition, the more repetition of the same points ensures that the audience may remember something!

I agree 100%, some of the hosts are on warp speed and I have no interest in even trying to keep up.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*