Frequent Contributor

I really miss the St. Patrick's Days of the past on QVC where they would have special sets designed to look like cobblestone streets. There would be people sitting around inside a set that looked like an Irish pub, and the hosts would sit casually with the different vendors and present the products. Yesterday didn't seem like anything special.

Honored Contributor

Re: St. Patrick's Day on the Q

I think the Q has dialed back the St. Pat's Day show simply because the stuff doesn't sell like it used to.

Honored Contributor

I have mixed feelings about their St Patrick's Day shows. Somehow I feel it should be shown earlier (March 1st perhaps?) so that people can receive what they purchase before St Patrick's Day. I did notice that they didn't even give it a full day.

Super Contributor

They started the St. Patrick's celebration at midnight and went into well into the afternoon. But, I too, think that they should show alot of the stuff earlier in the month.

Occasional Contributor

It really bothers me that the St. Patrick's programming is not shown at night. I work during the day. Why do they keep doing that? Not everyone gets QVC plus and the streaming audio kept cutting out.

Regular Contributor

On 3/18/2015 DA1215 said:

It really bothers me that the St. Patrick's programming is not shown at night. I work during the day. Why do they keep doing that? Not everyone gets QVC plus and the streaming audio kept cutting out.

I enjoyed the part of the show I watched, but didn't buy anything. Waterford right now on Evine. They have some lovely crystal Easter items.
Contributor

Count me in as missing the old St Paddy's Day Set's...I too remember the days of the Irish Pub, cobblestone streets, anything and all that made St Patricks Day special..QVC used to pull out all the stops for theme day show;s,,Klondike Goldrush, Big Bonanza Silver Day, ..Yesterday,they just seemed to be going through the motion;s..Seem's like everything is a day late and a dollar short today...

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Krimpette said:

I have mixed feelings about their St Patrick's Day shows. Somehow I feel it should be shown earlier (March 1st perhaps?) so that people can receive what they purchase before St Patrick's Day. I did notice that they didn't even give it a full day.

I always think that too. They should have it early so if a person buys a sweater or whatever they can wear it on St. Patrick's Day. I didn't watch it this year.

Honored Contributor

I remember the shows years ago. I didn't get home until after 7 last night, so I missed all shows yesterday.
Respected Contributor

I got home just as it went off at 7:00. I've bought many things in past but it seems it is all jewelry, sweaters, and china. Or did I miss something? I remember wooden crafts, and more handmade items from craftsmen. Does everything come from China now?