Respected Contributor

I returned packages day before storm; they are late

I returned three expensive packages on Jan 26. I took them to a UPS store the day before a historic storm hit Boston. QVC CS tried to track them and couldn't. I used their labels.

CS told me when that happens they give a refund.

I'm concerned; has anyone had this happen?

The three packages add up to about $175!

Honored Contributor

Re: I returned packages day before storm; they are late

Keep your receipts indicating when they were mailed. I can't imagine they would not refund your money due to weather related problems beyond everyone's control.
Respected Contributor

I don't have receipts; I used the Q return labels. I dropped them off at a UPS store where they are picked up by USPS. I was running around like a crazy person and was afraid I'd miss my mailman. The next two days the city was paralyzed; no mail delivery. Then we had another storm this Mo. but the packages should have been available for tracking before then.

I was told that there is a delay when dropped off at UPS; I'm confused because I leave regular mail there also.

Respected Contributor

UPS has had delays because of bad weather. I received an email from them saying that there would be service disruptions. You have to allow time for them to catch up.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure QVC will honor your returns ~
Respected Contributor

I'm sure your packages will make it to the Q. You sent them back using Q's return label, which is very slow. The packages are picked up by a 3rd party shipper and delivered to the Q. Its not UPS or the post office who delivers the returns to the Q.

Honored Contributor

Just so you'll know in the future, when you use QVC's return label you can still get a receipt for dropping it off. UPS gives you a receipt with the tracking # if you ask for it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

When I take my packages to mailing facility, I watch them scan-in the package. When that's done, the package has been technically "sent" and if you did this by 1/31, you should get your refund. I always use the post office and have never had a problem. As a matter of fact, you can track your return online (QVC) almost immediately after dropping it off, as long as it was scanned. Several of my 1/31 returns are still not refunded but do show as in the system.

Respected Contributor

I returned an item w/ Q label via post office, tracked after 4 days, then followed up daily, it sat at one location for 5 days, CS told me to give it 12 days, something strange about this?

Finally got my refund, maybe they play w/the "float"?

Respected Contributor

Something is wrong; it can't be tracked. I don't think I can get a receipt at the UPS where I drop packages. I was told a mailman picks them up.

There was no way I could get to a post office that day. I couldn't get near the parking lot where the supermarket was. The city was crazy. Also, I'd been leaving packages there for years and never had a problem. I left them on 12/26. The next day we got three ft of snow in twenty four hours.