Trusted Contributor
I gotta say I have her hangers they are great. I honestly can't stand her on HSN. She is so pushy, loud and like a used car sale man. HSN pimps her as the queen of the network and that Joy has broken serious network records. Was she like this on QVC?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How was Joy Mangano on QVC?

Don't remember her too much then, as I think she was only on once and a while. Didn't she start out with the spin mop or something like it as her only product. Looking at their site, it appears that she really is the Queen of HSN. She is listed with an executive title in addition to her many products she pushes, ahh...sells. Her start with one product morphed into a billion $ empire and made her rich. At least her TS this time is not a "Mirah". {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

I remember her and she was the same.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

I think she was a tiny bit more reserved on QVC, but maybe they all were back then. It was a looooong time ago. But basically, IMO, she has never been easy to watch.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/24/2015 pupwhipped said:

I think she was a tiny bit more reserved on QVC, but maybe they all were back then. It was a looooong time ago. But basically, IMO, she has never been easy to watch.

I totally agree. I can't even look at her. What a turnoff.
Honored Contributor

I never saw her on QVC that I can remember.

As for more reserved way back when? Some yes, some absolutely not. Kathy was raucous very often to the extent I watched her only if I already really wanted to buy what she was hawking. That was the pre-Internet days for me when there was no choice if I wanted something.

Trusted Contributor

I think Joy has grown louder over the years. When she was on Q she didn't have as many products or as much air time. I don't remember her shouting over everyone constantly when she was on Q.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

I don't know but I have her hangers and better beauty cases and I love them. I saw the small Better Beauty Case at Bed Bath and Beyond for $19.99 so I think HSN's deals are much better. I store all kinds of things in them.

Respected Contributor

As I remember, HSN bought her company. The thing I recall that she sold on Q was the cotton mop that you somehow would twist out the excess water.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't ever remember Joy on QVC and I've been watching since its inception. But that may be my mind telling me to forget something I didn't like.

I very seldom say I can't stand a host or vendor on any channel because I think most have their strong points and their weak points. But as soon as I hear her voice or see her face, I change the channel. It's not just that I don't like her very high pressure sales pitch or her voice, it's that I don't think she backs up her products any more.

I've posted before about the problems I had when I ordered 3 sets of TS hangers/garment bags, had to send 3 sets back, and got replacements. The hangers are very good, but I thought I was going to have this wonderful "matching" closet. However, when I received them, none of the garment bags/over door racks matched the color of the hangers, the clips were a different color, and the hooks were still different from those. It was a conglomeration of totally different colors of what was supposed to be "camel", and the garment bags were a very unpleasant color. On top of that, I had to go out and buy over the door hooks to hang up the over door pieces because the hooks provided would not allow the closet door to close. Many people had problems with that. I gave up and kept them, but it still irritates me.

Her whole "schtick" about having your closets so "matching" is a cro^ck... aside from the fact that the colors WITHIN a set don't match, she keeps changing and deleting colors, so if you buy a bunch and then go back a couple of months later, you may not be able to get the same color. So much for matching closets.

This is probably the only person on either channel that I refuse to watch or buy from.