Esteemed Contributor

Wow, the expense of returning...

I'm spending almost $30. on my last three purchases all being returned. Callista Hot Rollers were too heavy and actually burned my scalp. A pair of Susan G. pants that were poorly made and poorly fitted. Big waist, tight everywhere else! And today, a pair of Clark's shoes. I liked them, the color was pretty, the leather was stiff and hurt and although the right length, I was walking out of them. I'm taking a break for a while, but I think quality needs improvement.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wow, the expense of returning...

I know people complain about the QVC return label but IMO they are generally a bargain.

I had a pair of very lightweight earrings I was returning to ShopHQ. To use the return label would have been $6.99. I was positive I could do better than that. Not true. I logged onto my Click N Ship with the post office and for that 2.3oz package, my cost would have been $7.06 to return. That was priority mail with delivery confirmation.

People that talk about spending $2.00 to send back jewelry items have to be putting postage on the envelopes, dropping them in the box and hoping for the best. There is no way for that price they are tracking or insuring or getting confirmation of the return.

If I would have had a small flat rate box, the price was a little better but still over $5.00. I didn't have that box and would have used up my savings driving to the post office to get one.

Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I know people complain about the QVC return label but IMO they are generally a bargain.

I had a pair of very lightweight earrings I was returning to ShopHQ. To use the return label would have been $6.99. I was positive I could do better than that. Not true. I logged onto my Click N Ship with the post office and for that 2.3oz package, my cost would have been $7.06 to return. That was priority mail with delivery confirmation.

People that talk about spending $2.00 to send back jewelry items have to be putting postage on the envelopes, dropping them in the box and hoping for the best. There is no way for that price they are tracking or insuring or getting confirmation of the return.

If I would have had a small flat rate box, the price was a little better but still over $5.00. I didn't have that box and would have used up my savings driving to the post office to get one.

You can get priority mail with delivery confirmation for a lot less if you pay and print from USPS.com. $5.25 will allow me to mail a small flat rate box, have it delivered in 2 business days, receive emails from USPS as it moves through their system, and receive an email confirming delivery. You can get the USPS boxes/envelopes from your grocery store if they have a post office drop there too.

I use Q's labels only if it's a bulky item.

Honored Contributor

Taja, that's one of the reasons I've cut back on my shopping here.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

Like Lipstick Diva I have always used the return label on the few things I have sent back. Never had a problem, can track the shipment.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/2/2015 Bird mama said:

Taja, that's one of the reasons I've cut back on my shopping here.

Well, Bird, I guess my real complaint is I was so disappointed in having to return all three. All three were oversold and did not live up to expectations. I would have paid it b/c I liked it. Now, I just have a bill for nothing. I was especially disappointed in the Clark's: hard, stiff leather and not well made. The length and width of the shoe fit, but the heel slipped out when walking. And, I've just got an average foot.

Sending this much back, is good reason for me to cut back, too. Happy New Year, Bird! It's going to be a great year. I'm especially happy I don't have to go on a diet! 8)

Esteemed Contributor

Gotta' hand it to HSN. Your return shipping charges are put into your spendable cash account. I love that !

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 twopeas said:

Gotta' hand it to HSN. Your return shipping charges are put into your spendable cash account. I love that !

ITA!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Frequent Contributor

I agree with two peas, I sent 3 things back and got $21.00 back in spendable cash, not bad instead of having to pay all of that for return shipping!
Contributor

The last time I needed to return several items I put them all in a single box with 1 label ...so I only paid the price of 1 return label cost. I have 3 orders coming each with severl items and once they all get here I will return what doesnt fit again in one box and use only 1 label