New Contributor

How long does it Typically Take QVC to Ship an Item?

This is my first time shopping/ordering from QVC and i ordered today a desktop computer online, for my little brother for Christmas and i just want to make sure i get it before Christmas. I apologize if this is a stupid question.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How long does it Typically Take QVC to Ship an Item?

They should have given you an e.d.d. As long as it was not on some sort of extended delivery you should have it within 7-10 business days at the most. They are in the holiday mode so I have noticed that items are shipping out rather quickly.

Honored Contributor

Yes, check your account for a delivery estimate. Most items I get in 5-10 days, but some items are customers orders and take longer. Computers are usually custom and can take longer, so check. Unless it was an advance order ship date, you should receive it in time, but check the delivery ETA on your account or call customer service to ask if you want to be sure
Honored Contributor

I don't know that there's a typical time because it seems to vary by what part of the country you're in, but I can say that in the 25= years I've been buying from QVC, they've almost never missed the date they promised me and more thn 90% of the time I get my orders long before the promised day. I'm on the east coast (Long Island or SE Florida - 4 to 5 days usually.

New Contributor

Saying the 24th and it ships from Dell so..... I hope it gets here by then.

Contributor

If I were you I would cancel the order and buy locally. With a EDD of 12/24 there is a very good chance the computer will not arrive in time.

Honored Contributor

On 12/1/2014 ariane said:

If I were you I would cancel the order and buy locally. With a EDD of 12/24 there is a very good chance the computer will not arrive in time.

I second this!

Super Contributor

I have always gotten by the promised delivery day. (I only live 45 minutes though, from the Q which could be why I get my items so fast.

Honored Contributor

Items from Dell are made to order and shipped directly from Dell. QVC customer service doesn't have any insight into the order other than what you see on your screen.

Hopefully you will get your order in time, but every holiday season the forums are littered with posts about computers (and some other electronics) that don't arrive in time.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

We ordered a computer from Dell directly and they shipped it that day - it arrived about 3 days later.