Esteemed Contributor

I'm so glad Q has a price guarantee policy

Granted, with infrequent price reductions are we don't get to take advantage of it too often!

I had J270833 on my wish list for awhile, it was reduced a few dollars the other day. Yesterday I saw a notation by the item- 'good till Nov 19'- I figured the sale price was going away so I bought it. And wouldn't you know, today the watch was a lunchtime special for $13 less! QVC was very responsive about crediting my account. Great CS !!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm so glad Q has a price guarantee policy

QVC really does have the best customer service. Once or twice I noticed an item I bought was reduced at a later date. I gave them a call and they were kind enough to credit my card for the difference. Purchases don't always work out, but at least we know our purchases are backed up by really great customer service. That makes all the difference for me!

Honored Contributor

Too bad they don't credit your account for items you find elsewhere for half the price the Q charges. I bought a electric can opener from the Q for 50 dollars and saw it at Boscov's for 25.98 months later.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think any place (on line or b&m) would refund a customer based on finding a lower price months later! Walmart has a 'price guarantee' program now, it's an app for your phone and you receive Walmart e credits if the price is found lower elsewhere. But I'm sure there must be a limited timeframe for the price comparisons.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/21/2014 baker said:

Too bad they don't credit your account for items you find elsewhere for half the price the Q charges. I bought a electric can opener from the Q for 50 dollars and saw it at Boscov's for 25.98 months later.

The truth. Also, they probably charged you much of the "savings" in S&H charges. There are some attractive items for sale here, but real sales are rare, and prices are rarely the best. And S&H charges are ridiculous.

Super Contributor

On 11/20/2014 ibb38 said:

Granted, with infrequent price reductions are we don't get to take advantage of it too often!

I had J270833 on my wish list for awhile, it was reduced a few dollars the other day. Yesterday I saw a notation by the item- 'good till Nov 19'- I figured the sale price was going away so I bought it. And wouldn't you know, today the watch was a lunchtime special for $13 less! QVC was very responsive about crediting my account. Great CS !!!

I did the exact same thing, I saw a clearance price, "good till Nov 13" and bought because I expected the price to go back up. Next day, lunchtime special, and $7 cheaper ($19 down to $12). I phoned, and the rep was super nice about giving me the reduced price, so I was happy.

But if I hadn't seen the LTS price, I would have lost out because I had to call them, they wouldn't have proactively reduced my order automatically.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/21/2014 Clover29 said:
On 11/20/2014 ibb38 said:

I had J270833 on my wish list for awhile, it was reduced a few dollars the other day. Yesterday I saw a notation by the item- <em>'good till Nov 19'</em>- I figured the sale price was going away so I bought it. And wouldn't you know, today the watch was a lunchtime special for $13 less! QVC was very responsive about crediting my account. Great CS !!!

I did the exact same thing, I saw a clearance price, "good till Nov 13" and bought because I expected the price to go back up. Next day, lunchtime special, and $7 cheaper ($19 down to $12). I phoned, and the rep was super nice about giving me the reduced price, so I was happy.

But if I hadn't seen the LTS price, I would have lost out because I had to call them, they wouldn't have proactively reduced my order automatically.

Weird coincidence! Maybe that 'good till...' price really means it's going to be REDUCED on lts the next day!!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/21/2014 GoodStuff said:
On 11/21/2014 baker said:

The truth. Also, they probably charged you much of the "savings" in S&H charges. There are some attractive items for sale here, but real sales are rare, and prices are rarely the best. And S&H charges are ridiculous.

The shipping was fair, around $6. I consider shipping in the overall cost of an item, it often isn't a deciding factor for me. I look at it this way - hypothetically a top on lts could be $10 with $5 shipping. Is that top worth $15 to me- would I be interested in buying it locally if I saw it in a b&m? That's the way I decide to purchase (or not).