Super Contributor

Would you listen to QVC on satellite radio in your car, at the office etc.?

I didn't realize QVC's parent also has a majority stake in SiriusXM sat radio.

Often in the past while commuting or on road trips I've thought that I would just as soon be listening to QVC as whatever news or other programming were available. (Not really a music person, I like news & talk.)

To me, most of the items QVC sells lend themselves to audio descriptions, at least enough so that an interested shopper could make a mental note to look up the product online later. Do we really have to "see" tote bags, pressure cookers, etc. to appreciate the sales pitch? Clothing and jewelry more so of course but even at that, it might get listeners engaged in products they normally wouldn't sit still for at home.

Anyway with Liberty owning both units I'd have to believe it would be relatively cheap to slap a QVC channel onto the SiriusXM line-up and just tap into the audio. Or am I the only prospective listener out there?

Honored Contributor

Re: Would you listen to QVC on satellite radio in your car, at the office etc.?

No, I barely even watch it on TV. I have several excellent local radio stations and an iPhone full of music and Audible.com books, so I don't pay for satellite radio. That said, before satellite radio was an option, I drove from northern California to central Texas and spent at least one whole day where there were only 3 choices on the radio: Mariachi music, a fire and brimstone preacher, and static. I like Mariachi music, but not for hours on end. There was no way I was going to listen to the others. If I had to make that drive again, I would definitely subscribe to satellite radio first and would rather listen to QVC than any of those things. (But I'd probably pick one of the NPR or music stations, instead.)

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely not. I would listen to the old-time radio shows like CBS Radio Mystery Theater. I wouldn't be listening to QVC.

Contributor

I would listen also. Satellite and/or even as an internet radio station would be great.

Honored Contributor

Only if I' were driving some place where I had to hear Rush or the pork belly report. To buy something? Never.

Super Contributor

I guess I should have said, for those who already have satellite radio, would you tune in to QVC if it were in the line-up?

Respected Contributor

Gawd, NO!! I can barely stand to watch and listen when there's something I'm interested in, let alone just listen to just the constant non-stop mega hard-sell on the radio.......stress level is high enough when driving dodging cell phone yakkers....don't want to add to my stress.

Honored Contributor

Definitely not.

Valued Contributor

NO!!
Occasional Contributor

No way! My sirius only has one station, E Street Nation.