Super Contributor

After Christmas, No Endless Days of Clearance

I had been meaning to post about this almost a YEAR ago. Time flies! After last Christmas season we usually had been stuck with endless days of clearance. Now I may have missed it, but I did not see that this time. Somehow Qz mixed in the clearance with a more normal schedule. Anyone else notice? There used to be a lot of complaints about the clearance days. - Bird

Super Contributor

Re: After Christmas, No Endless Days of Clearance

But we have not had Christmas yet ... isn't this post a little early?

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Honored Contributor

Bird, maybe this is QVC's version of 'in the spirit of the season'. You know, having inflicted enough misery with the holiday programming, they decided to dole out a break for a few weeks before hitting the audience full force with the whole New Year's diet and exercise overload...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 stevieb said:

Bird, maybe this is QVC's version of 'in the spirit of the season'. You know, having inflicted enough misery with the holiday programming, they decided to dole out a break for a few weeks before hitting the audience full force with the whole New Year's diet and exercise overload...

Wink

and then plants

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

On 11/5/2014 Desertdi said:
On 11/5/2014 stevieb said:

Wink

and then plants

I enjoy the plant and gardening shows. It's a shame they don't continue into Spring and Summer.

Respected Contributor

How do you know what the late December schedule is?

Super Contributor

On 11/6/2014 insomniac said:

How do you know what the late December schedule is?

No, it was early this year that I'm talking about. Every year after Christmas they'd have weeks and weeks (it seemed) of clearance. People complained. I didn't like it either. I tune to the Land of Qz when I want to see no more of the world's troubles, or if I need to be lulled to sleep on a sleepless night. But, clearance for some reason is so annoying! So last season they did NOT do the endless clearance. I'm praising that decision. A little late, but mentioning it anyway in the hope they do it the same this next time. - Bird

Honored Contributor

How are they going to avoid clearance? I even hate walking into stores for two or three weeks after Christmas because there's so very much clearance stacked high or jammed so tightly on long racks. That depresses me, so I do the easy thing. I stay home.

I love that there's so much on the TV nowadays- during those down days I just use the music channels for background while I work around the house or I load my Bose and do the same.

I also look forward to the garden shows even though I no longer have a garden. I love them because of the colors. Sometimes I just let the shows play without sound so I can have that promise of spring whenever I walk past the TV.

Honored Contributor

I guess one way they could avoid massive end of year clearance is to actually offer 'real' clearance throughout the year... They might be pleasantly surprised to learn how more than a couple dollars off could move the goods.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I can remember a few days of clearance after Christmas, but "weeks and weeks" sounds impossible.