Respected Contributor

How come QVC usually shows lots of computers and tablets on the weekend?

Not complaining about it. Just wondering why they pick the weekend to show the computers and tablets. Is there a special reason for it?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

Re: How come QVC usually shows lots of computers and tablets on the weekend?

Men are more likely to be watching, then. Or both of a couple are home, so they can make a joint decision to buy a pricier item for the family.

Super Contributor

I've heard these computer companies, Dyson, Shark, mattress companies, etc. buy air time from QVC. And they are mostly on weekends because most people/couples are off weekends to watch and to comparison shopping if need be. Whatever the reason it makes for a very BORING weekend!
Honored Contributor

Be sure to look closely at the computers. They're often not the most current.

Honored Contributor

On 11/2/2014 LadyBug77 said: I've heard these computer companies, Dyson, Shark, mattress companies, etc. buy air time from QVC. And they are mostly on weekends because most people/couples are off weekends to watch and to comparison shopping if need be. Whatever the reason it makes for a very BORING weekend!

I don't even watch anymore. It's incredibly boring and turns me off of Q.

Super Contributor

Wouldn't the most logical answer be because that is when the sales are the highest ? It's all about the dollar.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure in runs much deeper (retail analyst wise) but my guess is that those electronics (and some of the other standard weekend items) are bigger ticket items. Many people who make bigger money work a standard five day work week, and have more weekend time off. They may be the major market being targeted for those products, so they are aired when it is perceived the most of those higher earners are available to see the presentations.

In my opinion, it follows that they may be targeting the stay at home mom and retirees during the weekdays (because that is when they are available to watch more) with the less expensive items or those targeted to those markets.

I do want to make clear that those statements above are generalizations, and not everyone in the market for any given item fits it, but there are targeted groups that they perceive as more available at certain times than others.

Esteemed Contributor

Boring programing on the Q. A real snooze fest.

Super Contributor

That's probably the reason I enjoy David's Sunday kitchen show so much any more. The computer and mattress shows are so boring! I love catching some of the recipes he shows. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

I think many of the reasons listed above are entered into the decision to sell these items on weekends. It stands to reason that because they are higher ticket items, the husband and wife would like to make these decisions together...and many people who buy these items are off work on weekends...and these big companies buy the air time to sell the items on weekends.

Personally, I normally find what they sell on weekends to be totally boring. We bought our first computer from H*N and then found that we could have purchased it much less expensively elsewhere.

I wish they would run a separate channel on weekends...the electronics, mattresses, cookware, and vitamins could be on one channel. Then have a separate channel selling fashion, cosmetics, and jewelry for women.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion