Respected Contributor

How do you get to talk to your favorite QVC vendor?

Hello. I was wondering how do you get a chance to talk to your favorite vendor that QVC has on? I wanted to talk to Nick Chavez. I tried calling quite a few times, but I wasn't able to talk to him. One time, I was put on hold and thought for sure I'd get to speak to him.

When I got through, the person asked me what I liked about the product (Velvet Mesquite Serum) that Nick was presenting and I told them. Then I was placed on hold. I was so excited and could hardly wait. The phone kept ringing and ringing while I waited. Finally, the hour was over, I didn't get to talk to Nick and the phone kept ringing. So I hung up. Nick was on again that day, so I tried calling again. I was told that they weren't taking testimonials at that time, so I hung up the phone.

Then I tried again and got through. They asked me what I liked about the SoftFlocker, another product that Nick sells. I said that I actually wanted to make a testimonial about Nick's Velvet Mesquite. They said that they were only taking testimonials for the SoftFlocker. I hung up and didn't try again.

Then someone else got to call in and talk to Nick. I did my best not to cry. I know, I know, I shouldn't cry over a little thing like that. I know it sounds silly. {#emotions_dlg.blushing} And I know that it wasn't the customer service peoples' fault. I know that they were just doing their job and they were very nice about it. But does anyone have any tips on how to get to talk to your favorite vendor when they're on QVC?

Thank you in advance. Smile

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

Re: How do you get to talk to your favorite QVC vendor?

Did you try dialing the special testimonial line phone number? I don't know the # but I've seen it posted before.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

On 9/20/2014 newziesuzie said:

Did you try dialing the special testimonial line phone number? I don't know the # but I've seen it posted before.Smiley Happy

I did. Still no go.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Trusted Contributor

I have found if you really want to talk to a special vendor (Annette Funicello in my case), you don't get to. Tried many times w/her.

I was actually on air today w/the order of 3 lit cone Xmas tree figures, & could care less if I did get on air - so of course, I did!

I got to t/w Joan Rivers my first 2 times, that was very exciting. Couple other times I almost made it, but my products sold out, so they didn't need me.

Just luck of the draw - good luck! Don't give up trying (& keep trying the testimonial line too).

Respected Contributor

On 9/20/2014 KathyLFan said:

I have found if you really want to talk to a special vendor (Annette Funicello in my case), you don't get to. Tried many times w/her.

I was actually on air today w/the order of 3 lit cone Xmas tree figures, & could care less if I did get on air - so of course, I did!

I got to t/w Joan Rivers my first 2 times, that was very exciting. Couple others times I almost made it, but my products sold out, so they didn't need me.

Just luck of the draw - good luck! Don't give up trying (& keep trying the testimonial line too).

Okay. I'll keep trying. Thank you, KathyLFan and newziesuzie. Smile

Super Contributor

NCB, you got great advice -- don't give up. They make it sound so simple on TV, but the fact is that it isn't easy -- especially with vendors who have a large following. I had to try numerous times when I spoke to Nick, and that was 10 years ago. As it was, I called to give a testimonial on a particular product of his, and by the time they got my call, they were moving on to the next item. The only reason I got to speak with him was because I agreed to give a testimonial to the next product, which I had used. So, if you would be willing to discuss other products in addition to the Velvet Mesquite, it will increase your chances of speaking with him. Also, when I spoke to him, it was 11 pm pst/2 am est. So, your chances will also increase if you call during the late night/early morning hours.

It may take awhile, but hang in there and it will happen. Good luck to you!

Janice

Respected Contributor

On 9/21/2014 Jangroomer said:

NCB, you got great advice -- don't give up. They make it sound so simple on TV, but the fact is that it isn't easy -- especially with vendors who have a large following. I had to try numerous times when I spoke to Nick, and that was 10 years ago. As it was, I called to give a testimonial on a particular product of his, and by the time they got my call, they were moving on to the next item. The only reason I got to speak with him was because I agreed to give a testimonial to the next product, which I had used. So, if you would be willing to discuss other products in addition to the Velvet Mesquite, it will increase your chances of speaking with him. Also, when I spoke to him, it was 11 pm pst/2 am est. So, your chances will also increase if you call during the late night/early morning hours.

It may take awhile, but hang in there and it will happen. Good luck to you!

Janice

Thank you, Jan. I did call pretty early the first time, still a no go. But I'll try talking about other items that Nick has, too. Thanks for the advice and I'll keep trying. Smile

Honored Contributor

I agree those calls are quite random. I've stopped buying much of anything, but even in the day when I was ordering way too much and did over 90% of it via telephone, I was rarely asked to speak.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish QVC would stop the phone calls all together, these people on the phones are creepy to me the way they talk about the hosts or a product and how much they love them. They need a life or at least a hobby big time!{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} If by chance I have QVC on in the background [which is very rare] I mute the TV as soon as they take a phone call.

Honored Contributor

They ask everyone what features they like. Someone comes off better than you and they get chosen. Pretty simple, I think. Write him a letter if you really want to show your appreciation.