Contributor

QVC video in memory of Joan--question

I posted the following question on Beauty Banter (where I frequent the most) yesterday. Got a few responses, but no answer. I did find out the man in the shot with Joan was David Dangle. Hoping someone here might know what was said.

I love the video QVC has posted in memory of Joan Rivers. Very well done, IMO.

Here's my question: What is being said at :22 through :27? She's with a man (I don't recognize him). Can someone enlighten me what Joan said to him? Whatever it was it broke him up. And I loved her reaction.

Thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: QVC video in memory of Joan--question

So glad you asked! I've watched this video probably six times and can't figure it out either. Hope someone has better ears than we do, pattykakes. Smiley Wink
Contributor

On 9/8/2014 pattykakes said:

I posted the following question on Beauty Banter (where I frequent the most) yesterday. Got a few responses, but no answer. I did find out the man in the shot with Joan was David Dangle. Hoping someone here might know what was said.

Here's my question: What is being said at :22 through :27? She's with a man (I don't recognize him). Can someone enlighten me what Joan said to him? Whatever it was it broke him up. And I loved her reaction.

Thanks.

Hi pattykakes!

I was able to obtain the answer to your question from someone who has present for the video shoot. Here is what she shared with me:

It was an unscripted outtake when we were taping a spoof of The Apprentice – the first year – not the year Joan was on. In that promo Joan played Donald Trump and fired everyone in the promo, even the models. She fired Mary Beth Roe, Leah Williams, Lisa Robertson and Lisa Mason.

Joan: "Do you like cheese?"

David: "yeah…." (breaks into laughter)

After that scene David said "Where do you get this stuff, do you like cheese?"

Joan said "I love to make you laugh."

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Contributor

On 9/8/2014 Keyai - Q Social said:

Thanks.

Hi pattykakes!

I was able to obtain the answer to your question from someone who has present for the video shoot. Here is what she shared with me:

It was an unscripted outtake when we were taping a spoof of The Apprentice – the first year – not the year Joan was on. In that promo Joan played Donald Trump and fired everyone in the promo, even the models. She fired Mary Beth Roe, Leah Williams, Lisa Robertson and Lisa Mason.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Thanks so much Keyai. It's nice to know the whole story now. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Where is this video ????

Contributor

On 9/9/2014 hopeQ1 said:

Where is this video ????

http://qvc.co/InMemoryOfJoan

Honored Contributor

On 9/8/2014 Keyai - Q Social said:

Thanks.

Hi pattykakes!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Thanks so much Keyai. It's nice to know the whole story now. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I agree! Thanks, Keyai!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

I can see it but can't get any sound.

Respected Contributor

I just saw the video and loved seeing Joan in different scenes on the Q. I never thought I would miss her, but I do. I think it's the way she died that has most people shocked by her death.

In the last week I have read many tributes to Joan from her friends who really knew her, and I must say that she was one special human being. There were so many aspects of her life that I did not know about. I would have loved her as a friend.

Respected Contributor

On 9/13/2014 bigsister said:

I just saw the video and loved seeing Joan in different scenes on the Q. I never thought I would miss her, but I do. I think it's the way she died that has most people shocked by her death.

In the last week I have read many tributes to Joan from her friends who really knew her, and I must say that she was one special human being. There were so many aspects of her life that I did not know about. I would have loved her as a friend.

I know. She was admired and loved. Hope she knew it. I always had reminders for her shows and will miss her greatly.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••