Respected Contributor

So is it 24 hour Christmas in August?

So I guess I get a vacation from QVC today. I'm not interested in beaded and bedazzled Xmas junk from China or giant blowup Santas or Snoopy's. Have fun if that is what floats your boat.
Honored Contributor

Re: So is it 24 hour Christmas in August?

I like these shows as I can get anything I might want or need done so I can enjoy the holidays.

Esteemed Contributor

I just posted on another grumpy thread....I love the Christmas shows....I have been shopping all through the night....

Respected Contributor

On 8/22/2014 circles said:

I just posted on another grumpy thread....I love the Christmas shows....I have been shopping all through the night....

Me too! People sure do get their panties in a twist though when there is programming on they don't like. It would be funny if it wasn't just so darn sad that a shopping channel can make them so miserable!

Honored Contributor

Doesn't make me miserable, I just avoid watching. I don't mind the holiday programming in measured doses, but what I do find regrettable is that no matter how much Christmas they throw out there, the vast majority of the items shown strike me as somewhat kitschy and junky. Clearly, there are some exceptions, but by the time they've run this stuff deep into the ground with repeated showings, the scary part is we'll likely still have most of the fall to get through with more repeated showings of the same old stuff...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Garbage.
Honored Contributor

Not sure how many threads there are about this topic today, but QVC does this EVERY YEAR, and has been doing so for all the years that I can recall. I always check the on-line program guide. If I don't like the programming for the day, I move on to something else.

I'm another who enjoys the diversion. Plus, it enables me to spread out some of my Christmas expenditures.

Super Contributor

Ouch, when I am not interested in a program I do something else, like change the channel. Other shoppers like the show so allow them to enjoy.

Respected Contributor

On 8/22/2014 stevieb said:

Doesn't make me miserable, I just avoid watching. I don't mind the holiday programming in measured doses, but what I do find regrettable is that no matter how much Christmas they throw out there, the vast majority of the items shown strike me as somewhat kitschy and junky. Clearly, there are some exceptions, but by the time they've run this stuff deep into the ground with repeated showings, the scary part is we'll likely still have most of the fall to get through with more repeated showings of the same old stuff...

Wink

Well, consider it a blessing in disguise then that you can break the daily QVC shopping habit with all this Christmas programming.

Remember, one person's junk is another person's treasure.

Respected Contributor

On 8/22/2014 Krimpette said:

Not sure how many threads there are about this topic today, but QVC does this EVERY YEAR, and has been doing so for all the years that I can recall. I always check the on-line program guide. If I don't like the programming for the day, I move on to something else.

I'm another who enjoys the diversion. Plus, it enables me to spread out some of my Christmas expenditures.

Exactly! It seems there is a "I hate QVC Christmas" thread in just about every forum! I'm sure that based on all these threads QVC will reconsider for next year. After all, what's a better indicator of the popularity and profitability of QVC's Christmas programming - the number of negative posts on their forum or the total revenue on the sales?