Respected Contributor
Some have speculated that the target demographic is little old ladies, impulse buyers and shut-ins. This may be true for products like Denim and Company or Temptations. I think their main demographic is upper middle class and upper class women. These women have the means to buy $2,000 to $5,000 jewelry (or even higher), buy various electronic gadgets without comparison shopping and just because it is newer than what they have, and enjoy people like Lisa and Issac talking about the Hamptons and the money look. Yes, they shop at local boutiques and high-end department stores but they also get bored and order from QVC. For those of us who have shopped at QVC for a long time, the sticker shock for just ordinary T-shirts that run to $50 with shipping and tax is very real. What do you think is QVC's target demo?
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC's Target Demographic

I honestly no longer have any idea. It seems that in recent years they've become the ultimate multiple personality, trying so hard to appeal to so many different niches that they are essentially not really appealing to any of them all that much.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I think QVC's target demo is anyone who will buy from them.

Age doesn't matter.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC's target is people with money. Doesn't matter the age.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I read where HSN goes after the Walmarters and QVC goes after the Targeters.

Honored Contributor

That would be the demographic that can afford the S&H charges and measley discounts.

Super Contributor

I think they target Kohls, Target, TJ Maxx customers.

Honored Contributor

Well I don't buy any clothes (just electronics and gadgets) from HSN and I don't shop at any department stores.

I buy a lot of clothes from QVC because I can't walk much through stores and I've never bought a piece of clothes from Target or Walmart.

I hate the shipping but see it as a necessary evil because QVC is easy to send back things that don't fit.

So I don't know where I fit into any of these scenarios.

Esteemed Contributor

For me it seems like they target upper end customers with the high end make up, skin care,food and home items. All that can be bought at discount store cheaper.

Honored Contributor

On 8/15/2014 champagnepoodle said:

I think they target Kohls, Target, TJ Maxx customers.

I would agree. Expensive jewelry I would GUESS starts higher than $2,000 to $5,000.