Respected Contributor
I just started a thread and wanted to correct a typo and I discovered we are no longer able to edit our own post. I guess editing is only in the hands of the moderators.
Honored Contributor

You can edit your posts at any time. However, if you are the OP and someone responds, you can no longer edit the OP.

Respected Contributor
OK So I need to notice an error before someone responds or I am out of luck. Has it always worked this way?
Honored Contributor
On 8/7/2014 chessylady said: OK So I need to notice an error before someone responds or I am out of luck. Has it always worked this way?

I think so.

Super Contributor
On 8/7/2014 chessylady said: OK So I need to notice an error before someone responds or I am out of luck. Has it always worked this way?

For a really long time, but I don't know about "always". Years, certainly.

Respected Contributor
On 8/7/2014 lolakimono said:

You can edit your posts at any time. However, if you are the OP and someone responds, you can no longer edit the OP.

This is correct. Only the OP is not allowed to edit. All others have the option. I have tried!!

Regular Contributor

Hi...

I remember that we were once able to Spell-Check also.....

Can't do that either.............

That would solve the Typo problem..........But not the Edit problem.

Super Contributor

Someone thinks we are all too feeble to spell check and edit ourselves. Someone must be looking to keep a basically unnecessary paycheck. Another reason to not use the boards.

Super Contributor
On 8/8/2014 Kat 13 said:

Hi...

I remember that we were once able to Spell-Check also.....

Can't do that either.............

That would solve the Typo problem..........But not the Edit problem.Kiss

Are you using a mobile device? They may work differently. I'm using a laptop Mac, and if I spell something incorrectly, it shows as underlined in red. I don't have to use spell check, it's automatic.

Honored Contributor

You can edit only until another poster responds to your thread... don't ask me why???

oops!! lolakimono already responded with this in post #1 sorry!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~