Trusted Contributor

Jayne Brown did an excellent job

I really want to commend Jayne Brown for the Microwave cooking show she hosted yesterday. She was so well versed with the TSV and did a GREAT job hosting. I bought one in brown and she has me confident I'll be able to make good stuff in it.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Re: Jayne Brown did an excellent job

I AGREE.....SHE IS AN EXCELLENT HOST ! DOESNT ASK STUPID QUESTIONS AND KNOWS HER PRODUCTS. I LOVE IT WHEN SHE IS ON ALONE.

Respected Contributor

I agree, she is always professional. I love her self deprecating sense of humor. I find a pleasure.
Super Contributor

I dunno, I still bear a grudge that she wanted the size information removed from presentations. It was a long hard fight to get that info put back.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/7/2014 Clover29 said:

I dunno, I still bear a grudge that she wanted the size information removed from presentations. It was a long hard fight to get that info put back.

What presentations did she want the size info removed? I didn't catch that.

Super Contributor

On 8/7/2014 wishmoon said:

It was a while ago, a year, maybe two? QVC hosts stopped talking about size info, and it was said that Jayne Brown was one of those instrumental in pushing to get rid of it.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/7/2014 wishmoon said:

She supposedly led the task force that decided to remove any reference to actual garment measurements from the on-air presentations (not mentioned and no graphic) and online. They sent out tape measures to lots of customers who bought apparel so they'd measure themselves, and then plug their measurements into the QVC size guides and then they'd just know their size to order. They claimed ALL the vendors would follow the same guidelines so you'd be the same size no matter the line. lol

Lots of customers mailed the tape measures to the CEO with a letter stating their objections to removing garment measurements. There was a total customer revolt -- to QVC's credit they immediately (w/in the month) started putting garment measurements on the website and then at some point added the garment measurement graphic to accompany the on-air presentation. But, if you notice, hosts NEVER EVER refer to the garment measurements even if they're running out of things to say.

Super Contributor

Jayne has always been capable of doing a great job, as long as she isn't paired with Pat, and then together get so ridiculously silly and childish that it affects their programs. I like her alone, but don't care for either of them when hosting together.

Contributor

I have always like Jayne Brown! She is a fabulous host. I especially like her with Pat. I wish they would have them back together more often.
Valued Contributor

On 8/21/2014 hopeQ1 said:

Jayne has always been capable of doing a great job, as long as she isn't paired with Pat, and then together get so ridiculously silly and childish that it affects their programs. I like her alone, but don't care for either of them when hosting together.

Exactly my thoughts! when Jayne is on with other hosts,she appears to me that she tries to dominate and its not an enjoyable presentation.Put her by herself,and its a whole different story.