Honored Contributor

If QVC weren't selling good products,

would so many posters keep asking for free shipping or more EZPays? After all, what's the point of asking for free shipping if you don't want to buy even if the thing cost less?

What's the real issue with all those threads?

Honored Contributor

Re: If QVC weren't selling good products,

When you think of the millions upon millions of QVC customers; it's easy to see that the constant, chronic complainers are just a miniscule little group of unhappy women, often lonely women who complain just to have to something to say. There's another little group that jumps in to add to their scents into any and all negative posts. Sometimes it's laugh out loud funny because you can tell that they are just talking nonsense...they don't have a clue, just talking to be talking. I particularly love it when someone rants and raves about how awful, terrible, smelly, old fashioned, expensive yada yada yada QVC merchandise is.....but the continue shopping with this "awful" company because "it's convenient".

Honored Contributor

Do some of these people ever shop with other companies? Check out their shipping sometime and you might not be quite so unhappy.

Super Contributor

I'm inclined to believe that there are some people who just like to jump on the complaint bandwagon ... they don't shop at QVC, have no intention to shop at QVC, but like to hang out here and participate.

Frequent Contributor

Agree Chrystaltree.....it makes no sense
Frequent Contributor

The chronic complaining of the high S/H prices I think stem a lot from the whole Quality Convenience and Value that QVC is supposed to stand for. Those of us who have been shopping with QVC for 15 or more years will almost all agree that quality and value has declined considerably on many product lines at the Q and several others have been either discontinued or whittled down to almost nothing... Then you have the fact that almost all consumer goods have gone up considerably in price over the last 10 years. Then to add to that the Q adds on these high shipping and handling prices PER item - it's just too much for the long time Q customer to take hence all the chronic complaining.

I shop online almost exclusively and I can tell you there are plenty of websites out there that offer free shipping for both initial purchases AND returns or that offer flat rate shipping deals for entire purchases rather than a per item basis. And almost every company I buy from online will email me when there are free shipping and handling and other sales so that I don't have to continually watch tv or stop by there website daily to see what's going on that day. And I'd much rather spend a couple of hours comparison shopping online and looking at tons of products and associated deals rather then spend 5+ minutes per item on tv and only get to see 5 or 6 items.

And it used to be that the Q was THE place to find unique, one-of-a kind items - sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case any more. I do still watch on occasion and once-in-awhile I find that one of a kind item that I can't live without. Perfect example is the gorgeous Or Paz ring I picked up last week. And I was more than happy to pay the S/H on that one as it was something I fell in love with and knew I wouldn't find anywhere else.

Yes, we chronically complain about S/H prices, quality, etc... but those of us who do believe truly that the Q could do better. They certainly had in the past and that makes us all sad!!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/7/2014 MotivatedMomma said:

The chronic complaining of the high S/H prices I think stem a lot from the whole Quality Convenience and Value that QVC is supposed to stand for. Those of us who have been shopping with QVC for 15 or more years will almost all agree that quality and value has declined considerably on many product lines at the Q and several others have been either discontinued or whittled down to almost nothing... Then you have the fact that almost all consumer goods have gone up considerably in price over the last 10 years. Then to add to that the Q adds on these high shipping and handling prices PER item - it's just too much for the long time Q customer to take hence all the chronic complaining.

I shop online almost exclusively and I can tell you there are plenty of websites out there that offer free shipping for both initial purchases AND returns or that offer flat rate shipping deals for entire purchases rather than a per item basis. And almost every company I buy from online will email me when there are free shipping and handling and other sales so that I don't have to continually watch tv or stop by there website daily to see what's going on that day. And I'd much rather spend a couple of hours comparison shopping online and looking at tons of products and associated deals rather then spend 5+ minutes per item on tv and only get to see 5 or 6 items.

And it used to be that the Q was THE place to find unique, one-of-a kind items - sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case any more. I do still watch on occasion and once-in-awhile I find that one of a kind item that I can't live without. Perfect example is the gorgeous Or Paz ring I picked up last week. And I was more than happy to pay the S/H on that one as it was something I fell in love with and knew I wouldn't find anywhere else.

Yes, we chronically complain about S/H prices, quality, etc... but those of us who do believe truly that the Q could do better. They certainly had in the past and that makes us all sad!!!

I can add nothing except a virtual high five.

QVC is lagging behind the online shopping industry and needs to know that we are abandoning our cart due to shipping and handling charges.

I'm not necessarily asking for free shipping; just a more considered and sensible approach to shipping charges.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I think their point is maybe that they would buy more if they offered lower s/h and e-z pays. Just a guess. I know that's true for me.

Super Contributor

On 8/7/2014 luvpoos said:

I think their point is maybe that they would buy more if they offered lower s/h and e-z pays. Just a guess. I know that's true for me.

Seems so obvious! The lack of logic of those critical of shoppers looking for improvement is mind-boggling.
Super Contributor

On 8/7/2014 depglass said:

Do some of these people ever shop with other companies? Check out their shipping sometime and you might not be quite so unhappy.

Yes, I shop on Amazon a lot and get free 2 day shipping on every item, large or small. I do have Prime, but anyone who spends more than $25 gets free 2 day S/H, with the exception of a very few shippers. Many vendors on EBay offer free shipping. Most department stores offer free shipping if your order is over $50. Qvc has the highest S/H I have ever encountered. Their return shipping if you use their labels is reasonable, usually $6.95. Sometimes $7.95, including insurance.