Occasional Contributor

Bravo QVC on Christmas in July!

I am thrilled with the selection of Christmas in July items! They are just beautiful and also such a great value! What a difference from the HSN version. They just used it as an excuse to sell organizers, turquoise, and other everyday items. Hardly anything was holiday-themed. Thanks QVC for delivering on a really special event!
Honored Contributor

Re: Bravo QVC on Christmas in July!

I've enjoyed watching the CIJ shows too. Do get a little tired of the teacher/bus driver/dog sitter suggestions for gifts. Can't imagine why these people would want to get so many Christmas themed gifts. I'd sooner get a $5 Subway gift card.

Valued Contributor

I agree that the Q has better Christmas items than hsn. Also the decorating on the sets of hsn never look festive, looks kind of gaudy.

Esteemed Contributor

I was so surprised when I tuned into HSN Christmas....and all I saw was their usual products they show all the time.....the only Christmassey (is that a word..lol) was their version of Bliss Lights....which Dan Huges dissed this morning on his show...made me chuckle...he didn't use their name but it was obvious who he was talking about .....

Yes, QVC won the Christmas themed weekend...I have really enjoyed all the shows...

Valued Contributor

Dear Lord! Someone actually LIKES these shows??? Let us enjoy our summer for heaven's sakes. You have plenty of time to bombard us with Xmas merchandise without starting in July! It think the whole concept is insane, besides being annoying, and making me not watch QVC at all when these shows are on. The people who want to save money on Xmas already know to buy their holiday things after 12/25! I just REALLY hate this whole marketing nonsense. Can you tell?...LOL!

Honored Contributor

I am thrilled to say that I avoided the Q the entire weekend!!

Super Contributor

I didn't watch very much of the shows, but what I saw, I enjoyed. I did watch Lisa's show last night and loved it. So many beautiful things. I love to decorate for Christmas and I enjoy seeing new things.

Frequent Contributor

I watched the whole weekend, planned for it, anxiuosly awaited and countdown to it, catnapped now and then on family room couch. Qvc did a great job introduced plenty of new, love Valerie of course like everyone else does my only complaint was the the forever and too many presentations of the tree! oh my goodness if I left room and came back there was the tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to much overkill. Other than that good job and thanks a million QVC for 2 pleasurable days WITHOUT $400.00 purses, jewelry, and makeup.

Valued Contributor

I haven't watched the Christmas in July shows for some years because they always seemed to lean toward the toy products. But, this year because Lisa posted so many great photo ideas on her FB I watched just a snippet or two. I loved almost everything in her show. I lost my interest in going all out decorating the last few years and this sparked me to get new things and to decorate in a new. More sophisticated way. I'm actually looking forward to doing it! My DH and I fully love Christmas as the celebration of Jesus' birth so I look forward to this time of year in that way. Having the whole weekend dedicated to this is too much, IMO but there are plenty of folks who love it all. So, to each her own. I am looking forward to getting my new things and seeing how it works with what we've had for years.