Super Contributor

What makes YOU very different from most of the QVC viewers/purchasers ???

The longer I'm with QVC, I think the more UNLIKE most buyers I'm not, at least according to the reviews and poster that I read. I have certainly changed over the years, and I guess we all have that choice.

Here is how I differ:

I am not in love with Lisa R., nor do I buy much, if anything, of what she sells.

I do not care for Philosophy products or Wen.

I will not buy products from Bobbi Brown, Judith Ripka, B. Mackowski, or Dr. Perricone. I think their products are no more superior than others and they are very greedy people with huge ego's and fat wallets.

I am not willing to pay such high prices as Dooney & Bourke and others are now asking for the price of handbags. They are getting ridiculous in pricing, and I believe if we pay those prices they will only increase.

I like some hosts that most don't , and don't care for the one's that most do !

I'm sick and tired of host bashing threads, and other idiotic women (and men) wasting space on the forums to just hate.

I think the forums could be used much more intelligently, if people would behave like adults.

I believe if we don't like something about the products, hosts, prices, etc., we should write or call the Q, and stop whining on the threads. It won't get much done. We should take it to the employees, sources available, and put it in writing or in their ears as complaints. I think they overlook the threads too easily.

Every host has a blog on QVC, and most have a Facebook page. Take your comments about them to them in person, not on threads about them.

I do think if QVC wants to sell fragrances, they should have very small sample sizes that can be purchased for a minimal price, rather than making us pay full price and having to pay again to return it if we don't like it. It's difficult to buy over the air. Scents must be tested on our skin and I think they could afford to accommodate us. I have let them know this more than once.

What makes you very different from most others ?

Honored Contributor

Re: What makes YOU very different from most of the QVC viewers/purchasers ???

I don't think I'm that different. . .

Respected Contributor

I agree with you on some points and disagree on others. I hope for you there is enough left for you to enjoy the Q at all. When something is painful, move on...

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

I don't know if I'm different from MOST, but definitely different from some. Here's why:

I'm NOT a long-time QVC customer. I discovered QVC around 6 years ago I guess - due to googling Birkenstocks! And I still get excited about the products and hosts that others are tired of. I wasn't around when clothing lines were better, and more inventory was carried. Sometimes I wish I was! So that's what makes me different! Wink

Honored Contributor

My sixth finger.

Super Contributor

I'm probably more like other QVC customers than not.

I suspect the average shopper spends far less than we believe from reading reviews and these forums. A vocal minority skews the picture of "reality".

Speaking for myself, I can't afford to spend very much, but do buy myself something about once a month, and some gifts. In a typical month, I spend less than $100 total, spread across all 4 big channels. That doubles in Nov and Dec for holiday gifts--I buy the bigger items at the channels and stocking stuffers locally.

Esteemed Contributor

This is going to turn into a deer eating popcorn thread soon.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Contributor

I don't know if I represent the typical QVC customer or not. I don't buy that much off shopping channels. I just buy a handful of items a year. The more expensive ticket items I usually shop around and get it someplace else. I mainly buy face and hair product and occasionally I will see a clothing item I like. Since I mainly have the channel on for the background noise than for the shopping experience, I really don't know to much about the host to form an opinion of them. After 20 years, you would think I would have opinion of them but I don't. I did like Kathy Levine as a host and do miss her. I loved the old cooking shows back in the day. I remember Lisa R. in her early days with QVC when she would have to sell pots and pans on a TSV and late one night admitting how denim and co and citiknits was not her style but she could appreciate how other women may like it and I have never found her annoying.

I do like your idea about perfume samples since I have bought perfume some off QVC and sometimes have to return it. It would help me out because I live out in the middle of nowhere and don't have a Sephora to run to try it out. Sephora and Nordies is a 100 miles from where I am at. So count me in your quest for that. I too will be notifying QVC with that suggestion.

Super Contributor

On 4/9/2014 Remee said:

The longer I'm with QVC, I think the more UNLIKE most buyers I'm not, at least according to the reviews and poster that I read. I have certainly changed over the years, and I guess we all have that choice.

Here is how I differ:

I am not in love with Lisa R., nor do I buy much, if anything, of what she sells.

I do not care for Philosophy products or Wen.

I will not buy products from Bobbi Brown, Judith Ripka, B. Mackowski, or Dr. Perricone. I think their products are no more superior than others and they are very greedy people with huge ego's and fat wallets.

I am not willing to pay such high prices as Dooney & Bourke and others are now asking for the price of handbags. They are getting ridiculous in pricing, and I believe if we pay those prices they will only increase.

I like some hosts that most don't , and don't care for the one's that most do !

I'm sick and tired of host bashing threads, and other idiotic women (and men) wasting space on the forums to just hate.

I think the forums could be used much more intelligently, if people would behave like adults.

I believe if we don't like something about the products, hosts, prices, etc., we should write or call the Q, and stop whining on the threads. It won't get much done. We should take it to the employees, sources available, and put it in writing or in their ears as complaints. I think they overlook the threads too easily.

Every host has a blog on QVC, and most have a Facebook page. Take your comments about them to them in person, not on threads about them.

I do think if QVC wants to sell fragrances, they should have very small sample sizes that can be purchased for a minimal price, rather than making us pay full price and having to pay again to return it if we don't like it. It's difficult to buy over the air. Scents must be tested on our skin and I think they could afford to accommodate us. I have let them know this more than once.

What makes you very different from most others ?

I'm the same as you are. Case in point, what's with the the thousandth (ugly) shoe TSV?

Super Contributor

I guess I am unique....just like everyone else!