Esteemed Contributor

Anybody toured the QVC headquarters? What surprised you?

I would love to see their studios! I've always been curious to know if they have overnight accommodations for vendors who are on TV within 8-12 hour periods or so....I would love to go on a tour....but I'm not sure how much you'd get to actually see. Do any of you have stories to share?
Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody toured the QVC headquarters? What surprised you?

Big, beautiful bldg. but, not happy that they charge for tours, I feel it should be free to their customers. Also disappointed that visitors are taken high up to an observation deck to see the on air action. so, you just look down at the stage. We also took HSN tour, and were taken right up to the cameras, I was about a foot away from Bobbi Ray Carter while she was on the air. And the HSN tour was FREE!!!

Honored Contributor

We took the tour about 10 years ago, I am not sure they were in studio park yet.

It was fun, we got to see Jill on air at the time, got to see some of the warehouse and to shop in the studio store.

I am sure the tour is different these days

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2014 Shelbelle said:

Big, beautiful bldg. but, not happy that they charge for tours, I feel it should be free to their customers. Also disappointed that visitors are taken high up to an observation deck to see the on air action. so, you just look down at the stage. We also took HSN tour, and were taken right up to the cameras, I was about a foot away from Bobbi Ray Carter while she was on the air. And the HSN tour was FREE!!!

Why am I not surprised that QVC would charge for this...?

Wink

I've often thought it would be fun to tour Studio Park, but it seems as though unless you're part of some special tour the experience is sort of truncated and not what one might hope it would be. If I ever find myself in the neighborhood though, I might spring for it and hope for the best. At least one can shop in the studio store.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

For me the surprise was how out in the boonies it was. Not a slam just an observation. Not a fan of the country with not a lot around. I am a country girl. There was the Mall of Prussia but we have big malls all over and I want more to do than that. Just my opinion and I am sure many disagree with that and I am okay with that. The tour itself was really good. We had a really great guide and I think it was a slow day so we got extra attention. The most interesting thing was they showed us when a host just said one phrase how the phones would light up and when they talked of other stuff the phones would die down. They know how to say exactly to get you. I used that tidbit to not fall for it again at home so by showing me they actually saved me money.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

We enjoyed it, if you are in the area worth seeing, even my husband liked it.

Super Contributor

How expensive was the tour?
Super Contributor

We went on the tour about 10 yrs ago - and yes, it was at Studio Park. I think it's $10 but if you're a customer you're charged $7.50.

I was enthralled with it. Totally fascinating how they pack the items being shipped out and why, the monitors, the sets, the outdoor sets - everything was great.

I think it would be difficult to have it in any more populated area since they're so spread out!

And yes, they have 3 overnight suites for TSV guests (and those being there frequently throughout the day). They're named room Q, room V, & room C. Very cool, indeed!!!

Honored Contributor

What surprised me most is that they charged for the tour. It was interesting enough, but I'd never go on my own; at the time, I was entertaining out-of-town guests.

Trusted Contributor

QVC is a BUSINESS. Why people are surprised that they charge for a tour makes no sense to me? Have you ever toured CocaCola in Atlanta - guess what they charge for that tour even if you swear to be a Coke customer. The Mayfield Dairy, not exactly a national business, charges for their tours. Jack Daniels charges for their tours as does NBC studios and most other businesses.

Providing tours isn't free for the company. They pay people to give those tours and most businesses must pay special liability insurance premiums related to allowing the public into their facilities (and that isn't just for manufacturing type plants). Often they have to reconfigure/remodel in order to allow for safe space during the tour and waiting areas, etc. A very large local bakery near me used to give tours (with an admissions fee) but they no longer do it because the insurance premiums were so high that they were losing money.