Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Sorry, once I posted the photo I could not write anything. On Jill's facebook she said that this photo was taken just a few hours before her beloved dog died.

I think that is why I like both Carolyn and Jill. They have big hearts where animals are involved.

It just broke my heart when I saw this.

Super Contributor

Breaks my heart - You have my sympathy - such loving companions are our dogs!!

Respected Contributor

You can see the sadness in her eyes. I know how she felt. At my age, I've lost too many beloved pets..

Super Contributor

So sad. My pom/sheltie is 12 and is suddenly aging very quickly. The vet treated him for a liver infection a few weeks ago and he's never really come back to being his old self. I know the day is coming when we have to part and it's just breaking my heart to think of it. That's the only thing wrong with dogs - they don't live as long as we do.

Esteemed Contributor

My heart goes out to Jill and her family. Not many losses are more sad than losing a beloved family pet. If I recall correctly Carolyn must have been a very old dog because I think Jill got her shortly after she married.

Respected Contributor

That's why I really like both Jill and Carolyn. Someone who can love a dog so much is a truly special & gentle soul indeed, and the kind of people with whom I want to spend my time.

I've lost about 25 beloved pets in my almost 80 years, and I still remember my last moments with each one. My wonderful Sheltie is due for the removal of a tumor in a few days and I dread that almost as much as I would if i were any family member. I pray it is not cancer. He is loved, and he knows it very well. He means the world to me.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, this photo breaks my heart. You can see the pain in her eyes and I know that pain very well. Loving thoughts sent to Jill today.

Honored Contributor

I posted in Viewpoints Jill's post from FB when she lost her dog Duke. He died a few weeks ago.

She posted this photo a couple of days afterwards and said that she never shared with anyone that he only had 3 legs. She had often spoke about his his cancer and surgeries he had to have. She said when his leg was removed, they gave him MAYBE one year and he lived almost 2 on top of that.

Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2014 Trix said:

My heart goes out to Jill and her family. Not many losses are more sad than losing a beloved family pet. If I recall correctly Carolyn must have been a very old dog because I think Jill got her shortly after she married.

Jill's dog's name was Duke. The OP was talking about the show host Carolyn.

I don't believe Duke was that old but he had a lot of medical problems. They got him from a rescue after Trevor was born. I remember because she talked about it on air and the fact that they got a Rottie and people on the boards were having a fit that she got that type of dog with a child.